If you didnt have a Yukon/Suburban/Escalade, what would be your next choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geobern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After four suburbans I now have the '21 Yukon Denali with all the options including the 3.0 Duramax. I love this vehicle particularly the air ride suspension. That said, I would probably get a Denali 1500 with the 3.0 if I had enough room in my garage. So, barring that I might have to upgrade my house as I am GM to my core. :)

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for precisely that. Been driving a 2001 Yukon daily for 353K miles (same engine and tranny), so I was looking at another Yukon. Seeing that we're empty nesters and I'm a retirement age, buy and hold guy who still uses the truck for fieldwork and exploring, I really liked the AT4 with the Duramax next year. Problem is it's gotten a lot longer than I really need. Same with the Wagoneer. The GC was interesting, especially with the discounts people are offering. The Defender was exerting a very strong pull, but the inevitable reliability issues are driving me away. So what I'm looking at this fall is a GX Overtrail+. It has a good balance of luxury and ofroad chops, no piano black, right length, won't need a third row, and I expect it to be reliable.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Macan or Cayenne. The Jag F-Pace SVR is hot but it scares me even with a Ford V8.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
Quite a discussion...... ( my spell check gave me a good option word.... "concussion" ;)
When I lived in Southern California ( 15 years ago).... I had fun, working for a friend that had a profitable business " Your Car - Our Driver"..... We drove client's nice cars/SUV's, instead of them riding in a smelly 'black' sedan..... I drove about every sort of nice vehicle.....
After driving a Range Rover for an evening,,,,, Later I drove a Ford Flex..... I gotta tell ya... that Ford Flex was VERY nice..... Maybe ( if that Ford is still nice).....
If I didn't need a full-size SUV, I'd consider the Flex......

We have Infiniti QX 50... ( our second Infiniti)..... They have been perfect.....
I wonder about the QX 80... but I wish it had an 'XL' version...

But.. my '05 Yukon XL has been perfect.... I'll never sell it.....
The Flex is now out of production. When they were a fairly new product my wife and I rode in one in Chicago that was being used by a "black car/VIP" service (her sister was working for Marriott coordinating national conventions etc and hired the car). Even in the potholed streets of Chi-town my wife barely made it out of downtown on the way to the airport before falling asleep. That was a smooth ride.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to see what people's #2 option is.
I'm in the same boat. GM no longer has Apple CarPlay. You couldn't GIVE me one without Apple CarPlay. I'd be tempted by Toyota. Toyota also has "DRL off" right on the light switch.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. GM no longer has Apple CarPlay. You couldn't GIVE me one without Apple CarPlay. I'd be tempted by Toyota. Toyota also has "DRL off" right on the light switch.
DRL off on my 2nd gen Highlander was a godsend. Back in those days Toyota ran the DRL as sending lower power to the low beam headlight during the day. Made me have to replace headlight bulbs a few times a year until I discovered the DRL off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayden0529