Empty Spot in Overhead Console Bezel -- What's It For?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Y'all,

While wiring in a dashcam, I noticed this empty spot (bottom right in the pic) in the overhead console of my '13 Tahoe LTZ. As per the title, what's this spot for?

It'd be good to know what switch(es) fit there in case I ever want to add some device and use this spot._temp_5.jpg

Thanks,
Scrappy

OP
OP
Scrappycrow

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Ah, looks as if the switches for the power-fold 2nd-row captain's chairs were in this location for years other than my '13, which has them on the C-pillars. From an eBay auction:

Attachments

• _temp_1.jpg
    _temp_1.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 7

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya they deleted those because they thought some one might fold there kid up in the seat, which basically has no force to it at all.
and if you are tall at all like me and have the front seat back they won't fold anyway they just hit the seat back.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It was an 07-09/10 thing. In 09 & 10 they also included two more additional 2nd row collapse & fold buttons on the C pillars behind the seat backs.

After ‘10 to 14 they only put the buttons in the C pillars. Yea, there’s also a hydraulic strut in those 2nd row seats with that feature. If they don’t fold completely flat, just replace the strut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziphren

Latest posts