Clear bra.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed clear bra paint protection film on their front end? Curious how it turned out. Quoted $1500 to have someone do front end, 12” of hood, door sills. Seems a bit spendy. Anyone have a cost they paid for theirs?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. My only experience with these is removing them from fading but I’m sure some folks with new $100,000 rigs are using them and they’ll chime in.

kerlyb

Reaction score
Did my Tahoe HC earlier this year. Paid @$430 for precut 3M kit after a promotional discount...included front bumper, 12" hood, and both rearview mirrors. I've done my cars/SUVs X 4 so I have some experience with install. Just take your time and use plenty of the solution when installing...you can always make corrections over and over again before the film dries/cures. Front bumper was the hardest since it's the biggest piece and lots of curves and edges. Check out Youtube videos if you've never done install.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted 2100 to do the whole hood bumper lights fenders and mirrors. I’ve been hesitant thought. I’ve heard if you hit bugs and don’t clean it off that it will eat through the clear bra and leave holes.

JamesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I payed 1200 for full hood full coverage to the doors, the bug thing isn't much of an issue if you wash your truck....never understood why people would buy a 80k plus vehicle and not keep it clean

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because 80k is nothing to them. Something’s value is easily seen by how well it’s cared for no matter if it’s $100 or $100,000.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a clear bra on my 2012 F150 since new.
Here are some observations.
The hood top edge has shrunk here recently (last several years). Nothing major but you can see it has pulled back maybe .030". Don't know why other than the truck sits outside more than it used to. That is the only edge that shrunk too.
Bugs were never an issue of eating through the clear. Until recently. I think the 3M film has aged enough that certain acid bug guts can eat holes in it. There are a few on the leading edge of the hood but no where else.
Overall I have been very pleased with it. We had the headlights and fog lights done as well which has prevented them from getting pitted over time. Highly recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwalk02

Latest posts