Aftermarket head unit in PPV no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterkay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased this unit from amazon

Unfortunately, the instructions were translated from chines to English via japanes and lost much of the information in process.

Supposed to be plug and play. It was easy to install. I had the basic stereo PN 20934592. Two harness connectors. I think my aftermarket unit is not giving a control signal to the amp. It use to be a pink wire. The aftermarket unit has a blue wire saying AMP CNT on it. I presume that this line should be connected to the amp e.g. give 12V, but which line of the harness is that line?
thanks

hillstrubl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just tried to install 2 very similar radios that I bet are the same reseller/OEM. I finally gave up for the exact reason you're stating. I couldn't get the rear amp to turn on. My instructions said to connect Pink AMP-CON to blue AMP-CTRL but instead I had 2 blue wires (1 AMP-CTRL and 1 AMP-CTL) on different parts of the harness. I connected them and the amp/rear speakers were not happy, loud buzzing upon ignition on. I tried 4 different things, trying a different key-on hot to the AMP-CTL wire (thats the one that wasn't hot upon power on) but nothign worked.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sending signals from the radio to the amp via pre-out? Sometime you have to come out of the radio via RCA and back into the radio via RCA to send the pre-out signal to the Bose amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cornut