2004 Tahoe interior overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jagblazer01

jagblazer01

Reaction score
Some quick updates. Got the rest of the interior torn out this weekend. This stuff is disgusting. The previous owner did not take care of it at all. Next step is sound deadener and speaker wiring. 1000012578.jpg20240526_121911.jpg20240527_115254.jpg20240527_115254.jpg20240527_120233.jpg20240527_120235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roilux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some quick updates. Got the rest of the interior torn out this weekend. This stuff is disgusting. The previous owner did not take care of it at all. Next step is sound deadener and speaker wiring. View attachment 429303
Seeing (almost) bare floors reminds me of my 'to-do' list of installing an access hatch to the fuel pump. Because, one day ............

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'd not thought of using a heat gun to touch up panel scratches. What do you use to impart a similar texture? That's if it's needed.
I use to have my own automotive interior repair business. I had these rubber flexible patches, they were the size of your average bathroom wall tile--they had different grain patterns on them. That's what I used. When I made the suggestion I was thinking of very small minor scratches or scuffs, nothing deep. For the small scratches you want to use the lowest setting of the heat gun--don't hold it too close to the plastic panel, and just use the heat on it ever so lightly--you don't want to melt the panel. As you get practice you'll get a feel for it. I hope I explained it clearly. Sometimes I don't explain things very well.

Roilux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use to have my own automotive interior repair business. I had these rubber flexible patches, they were the size of your average bathroom wall tile--they had different grain patterns on them. That's what I used. When I made the suggestion I was thinking of very small minor scratches or scuffs, nothing deep. For the small scratches you want to use the lowest setting of the heat gun--don't hold it too close to the plastic panel, and just use the heat on it ever so lightly--you don't want to melt the panel. As you get practice you'll get a feel for it. I hope I explained it clearly. Sometimes I don't explain things very well.
Cool. You've confirmed how I thought the process would go. Thanks man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe

Latest posts