2001-2006 tahoe LLP headers w/ ory installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
can you snap any pics of the ORY and the clearance from your tranny?
here you go. sunshine
IMG00142-20110110-1037.jpg
^^^ you could tell on this picture were is rubbing at upper right side..

another picture of the Y pipe
IMG00143-20110110-1037.jpg

I also had him weld up the catback exhaust connector
IMG00146-20110110-1040.jpg
^^ this one cause it was at a bad angle and didnt want it leaking later on

nice man, good write up!
thanks bro for all your help

Nice and shiny things. Gotta love that. Sounds good too.
and for your worst enemy problem. I'll trade you mine... lol

lol maybe after i used the tires i just bought them 900 Miles ago

Looks good man, have any pics of the engine bay?

Yes sir here you go. (without the AEM CAI and Headers)
100_2249.jpg

did you guys reuse the stock manifold gaskets, or did you use the LPP gaskets? Im thinking bout reusing or using some stock gaskets.

I sure did reuse the Manifold gasket imo better then the one that came with the kit.. the GM OEM ones are aluminum and are very thin i believe they are 3 on each side

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Update

**********Update**********​

so took La Guera (tahoe) to the exhaust shop had him remove the Y pipe and modify it by pre-heating the metal and banging the shit out of it to have it clear the Transmission Cross member now i have no Rattles what so ever. i also had him weld up a few connectors to make sure they don't start leaking on me later on in the future, went ahead and put turn downs right on the tips of the muffler. (before the rear axles)

well everything seems in tact now and the truck rides so much better now it doesn't hit the exhaust when i go over a speed bump or when the suspension flexes. But I'm not to sure if i like that or not Because now my exhaust with the turn downs are extremely loud keep in mind that i do have a 22" Magnaflow so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to re-route the exhaust again over the axle but instead of having dual like i used to I'm gonna put a y on the connector and just run one single out trough the back pretty f :gayflag:

decisions decisions :emotions122:

anyone have a better solution to this, this off course is for people with a 3/5 + drop.

Last edited:

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice man, i want headers but i dont want to deal with installing them lol. i would just dump the exhaust after the muffler, thats how i have mine and i have no issues

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn looks good, I see your in california, what are you doing for smog testing with no cats? I want some long tubes but figured in cali its not worth i with emissions testing

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to re-route the exhaust again over the axle but instead of having dual like i used to I'm gonna put a y on the connector and just run one single out trough the back pretty f :gayflag:

decisions decisions :emotions122:

anyone have a better solution to this, this off course is for people with a 3/5 + drop.

GM actually beat you to it, the DENALI and ESCALADEs are set up that way for the 6 liter. I would rather prefer it dumped, add another magnaflow after yours or something. I plan on dumping the stock muffler. So hopefully its not that loud.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I would go and get another muffler.... back when I was going to get headers, I was going to have a second muffler welded up to quiet the truck down. I am also running a magnaflow with turndowns directly after the muffler... I just like the look of not having any pipes...

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn looks good, I see your in california, what are you doing for smog testing with no cats? I want some long tubes but figured in cali its not worth i with emissions testing
I gotta ask too. I really want to run these but & seeing these pics I don't see any spot for cats to go anyways.

What to do?

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about with the headers installed!! Silly!!! haha its all good, wanted to look at how the final product under the hood looks like, any clearence issues under the hood?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayden0529