Zeus has Arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And for the grand finale….
Looks great! I'm glad you didn't follow the unfortunate trend and tint your tail lights as black as the body color. That really ruins the look of any vehicle for me. It's a little hard to tell from the pics but did you leave the door handles chrome?

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Looks great! I'm glad you didn't follow the unfortunate trend and tint your tail lights as black as the body color. That really ruins the look of any vehicle for me. It's a little hard to tell from the pics but did you leave the door handles chrome?
Exactly!!! Love the chrome elimination but it still needs a little contrast. Not a fan of tinting headlights or taillights ever. I actually almost just did the grille and the tailgate trim and left the chrome on the window trim as to give it a little more contrast, but it just looked so much cleaner with the window trim blocked out as well. Very similar to the Escalade sport.

And Yeup! Left the Chevy emblems black with the chrome outline and left the door handles black with the chrome outline as well. I honestly couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Blacked out but classy.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
Did it from the front with very strong tape. A suction cup is also an approach I’ve seen online.

I have the upgraded black 22” Chevy wheels. They fit.
I need to try the stronger tape then. I have the caps, but didn’t have any luck with a suction cup.

suburbansince87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great OP, I couldn't get the blackout package on my GMC but after looking at yours I might try my hand at getting all the chrome blacked.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Looks great OP, I couldn't get the blackout package on my GMC but after looking at yours I might try my hand at getting all the chrome blacked.
I wasn’t planning on doing as much black as I did but I truly love it. I do like the touch of chrome on the handles and the emblems to add some contrast. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Let me know if you get it to work and how and what you needed to do it please.
Gorilla Tape. Worked great. You essentially grab a small strip, put one end on each side of the cap circumference then let the strip meet in the middle making a small handle. Let it settle for a few mins, then a good quick pull should yank them right off. It took me several tries but did work.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
Gorilla Tape. Worked great. You essentially grab a small strip, put one end on each side of the cap circumference then let the strip meet in the middle making a small handle. Let it settle for a few mins, then a good quick pull should yank them right off. It took me several tries but did work.
@Crzylgs just did this on mine also with gorilla tape and it worked great. Our center caps are larger than most those in videos, so I found it was easier to create two of those pull tabs opposite one another, that overlap in the middle.

Last edited:

Crzylgs

Reaction score
@Crzylgs just did this on mine also with gorilla tape and it worked great. Our center caps are larger than most those in videos, so I found it was easier to create two of those pull tabs opposite one another, that overlap in the middle.
I am a little nervous to pop the caps off with the gorilla tape. Did you ruin the original caps by doing it this way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518