Z85 Air Ride Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christoph

Reaction score
Newbie here. Thanks for the add. I just purchased a '15 Yukon SLT 4x4 with factory option 22" wheels.

my question is do all Z85 Suspension Packages ride super stiff in the Yukons/Hoes? I thought the ride would be very good when I put new Michelin LTX's on but it's still harsh. When I hit potholes or semi large bumps it's jarring. The right rear actually wheel hops some. The shocks have 91K miles. How can I tell if there's something wrong or if it's just the combination of the z85 suspension with 22" wheels? Thanks I advance for suggestions.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres something wrong. It should ride pretty damn nice overall.

I would guess the shock(s) are shot. The fronts went out on my wifes denali at 75k miles. The rears are still working, but I would not anticipate for much longer.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Reaction score
Theres something wrong. It should ride pretty damn nice overall.

I would guess the shock(s) are shot. The fronts went out on my wifes denali at 75k miles. The rears are still working, but I would not anticipate for much longer.
I was thinking the same. It had some cheap worn out tires on it when we bought it and I thought a good set of Michelin tires would fix it but it only fixed some of the harsh ride. I wish I could find a thread on trouble shooting this suspension. I am thinking about replacing the shocks in hopes for an improved ride.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same. It had some cheap worn out tires on it when we bought it and I thought a good set of Michelin tires would fix it but it only fixed some of the harsh ride. I wish I could find a thread on trouble shooting this suspension. I am thinking about replacing the shocks in hopes for an improved ride.

If the suspension is stock, that pretty much has to be the issue. The coil springs are not just gonna get harsh all the sudden, its the shocks.

If you like the air leveling setup (I do!) then just pony up and replace with oem shocks. Otherwise, just get any normal shock (fox, rancho, monroe etc.) and do an xineering delete kit for the electronics.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the rear way up in the air by chance, as in the air shocks are pumped way up and not releasing air? I suppose that could be an issue with them too.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Reaction score
Is the rear way up in the air by chance, as in the air shocks are pumped way up and not releasing air? I suppose that could be an issue with them too.

Here's a photo. The car is new to me so I'm not sure if it's too high or not

IMG_20190914_174547.jpg

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Reaction score
Looks pretty normal to me.

Great looking rig!

We really like it but the ride is not good. Maybe the struts and shocks need replacing. I couldn't see anyone buying it with this type of ride. I'll post my findings in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14