z71 springs or Bilstein Springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Damnt that's terrible! Must be a code they missed during program that is killing the engine. Should be a simple rewrite. I would see if they cover shipping to and from for that issue. Keep at it!

cfleek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damnt that's terrible! Must be a code they missed during program that is killing the engine. Should be a simple rewrite. I would see if they cover shipping to and from for that issue. Keep at it!

I agree, it must be something simple. I will certainly ask them to cover it but I can hear the laughing from here. We'll see. I'm also reaching out to some mechanic friends of mine to see if they might know anyone. I'm sure it will take longer to pull the module than it will take to re-program. I'm just not going to pay the high ransom that a dealership wants for this. Keep you posted.

cfleek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

It's after hours and I heard back from Wester's Garage with what will hopefully be good news. They say to perform the antitheft relearn procedure. I will do that tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot about that part. It lets the truck start up then kills it. Try the theft relearn and it should work.

cfleek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's after hours and I heard back from Wester's Garage with what will hopefully be good news. They say to perform the antitheft relearn procedure. I will do that tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ok, after performing the antitheft relearn procedure TWICE, the Yukon is running on the new BCM. So there's an hour out of my day that I'll never get back. However the error message is STILL showing up so another email to Wester's. Still keeping fingers crossed1

cfleek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, after performing the antitheft relearn procedure TWICE, the Yukon is running on the new BCM. So there's an hour out of my day that I'll never get back. However the error message is STILL showing up so another email to Wester's. Still keeping fingers crossed1
Apparently there is still another step I need to do. Will keep you posted!

cfleek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, had more time to work on this finally. The last step they had me do was jump two wires from the ride control computer at the back of the rig. I unplugged all three of the connectors and then jumped the two wires. NOPE, the dang message is STILL showing and now my check air bag is on. UGH!! I think Webster's has run out of ideas but I sent them an email again today so we'll see what they say next. I tried plugging the old BCM back in to see if the check air bag light would go out, but since the rig has been associated with the replacement bcm it no longer recognizes the old bcm so I would have to have it relearn and I'm just not feeling that process today. :)

Thankfully the rig runs and I can ignore the light for now, but would really like to have this fixed. I'm considering sending them the original bcm to see if there is a different code that they need to remove. Does anyone know if there should be anything else that needs to be done? A different code maybe?

cfleek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, if this is the solution I'm going to hate myself. First, Westers has been great, replying to every email I sent. They are great to work with. Today I disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes. Reconnected it and so far no error message. I have started the rig 5 or 6 times and still no error message. Will keep you posted. Also a special shout out to Lance who was the original poster or the article I found on how to do this He communicated with me and gave me a shoulder to lean on while going through this process.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you had the battery disconnected did you pull the fuse labeled RTD in the unerhood box? I dont know what year yours is for sure. but on my 02 autoride disabled this way.

cfleek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you had the battery disconnected did you pull the fuse labeled RTD in the unerhood box? I dont know what year yours is for sure. but on my 02 autoride disabled this way.

I did pull that yesterday before disconnecting the battery and the service message was still on. It wasn't until I disconnected the battery today that the message finally went out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518