Z71 early release suspension vs Future air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPMAG

Reaction score
My understanding is the air suspension is currently in limited distribution. The air suspension will raise the vehicle an additional 3” to a total of 4” in 4wd mode. I was originally planning on waiting for the air suspension thinking it might be able to be run in normal 2wd.

That things looks awesome!
My Z71 may be slightly higher, but still good still use another 1” to level. I was going to add a 2” level when I put my bigger tires on but it was not needed to clear them. The 2” leveled Z71’s I have seen look too high in front. The wheel wells are bigger than past years and allow for a larger tire. I am running a 33.5” tire with no level or rubbing.

View attachment 256077

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score
There were a few out there with manufacturer plates that GM let youtubers and press play with. I don't think any production units have been shipped with the air suspension.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the air suspension is currently in limited distribution. The air suspension will raise the vehicle an additional 3” to a total of 4” in 4wd mode. I was originally planning on waiting for the air suspension thinking it might be able to be run in normal 2wd.

My Z71 may be slightly higher, but still good still use another 1” to level. I was going to add a 2” level when I put my bigger tires on but it was not needed to clear them. The 2” leveled Z71’s I have seen look too high in front. The wheel wells are bigger than past years and allow for a larger tire. I am running a 33.5” tire with no level or rubbing.

View attachment 256077

Good lookin rig!

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score
Adaptive Air Ride Suspension just showed up on chevy site when choosing High County Deluxe Package and Z71 Offroad Capability Package. Also on the HC Deluxe you get the power centersliding center console.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive Air Ride Suspension just showed up on chevy site when choosing High County Deluxe Package and Z71 Offroad Capability Package. Also on the HC Deluxe you get the power centersliding center console.
Saw that. Requires MRC which I know is nice but for me Personally it is another feature with past problems. Maybe they got it right now. Hope so.