z71 coil vs non z71 coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could change to a z71 coil instead of a spacer when i do keys up front right? and even add a spacer to that if i wanted to right? it shouldnt change the ride or payload i wouldnt imagine? i think i may have access to a set real cheap.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
if I am understanding you... you want to add the Z71 coils to the rear to add the 1/2" to the rear height.... correct?

will not change your payload, and ride should be the same... you going to add a set of z71 shocks?

OP
OP
R

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i keep reading that ride height difference is 1.5-2". i figure why not do that if i can get them cheap enough.

i have a buddy with an 05 z71. ill measure ride heights and see. are z71 torsion keys the same as non z71, just cranked higher?

i will be getting bilstien 5100 shocks.

i can get pretty much everthing from my local yard including the F150 torsion keys.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I can say with almost 100% certainty that the Z71 coils are NOT that much taller then the LS/LT coils. I have a z71, and my girlfriend has an LT.... I know my coils were a noticable bit bigger, but I dont think they are THAT much bigger.

Worth it if you can hook a pair for dirty cheap though. As for the keys, pretty sure they are the same. Remember, the Z71 came factory with larger tires, so the whole truck stands a little bit taller from the shoes

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the z71 coils measure out at approx. 17" uncompressed and the lt/ls coils are 15". That doesn't mean the ride height is 2" higher tho, I would say that it's maybe between 1" and 1.5" higher. If someone has some ls/lt coils that they could measure we could get a better estimation. If I venture out to the garage sometime I'll get a more exact z71 coil measurement since their just sitting in an old wheelbarrow

OP
OP
R

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have a good point ty. i should be able to do the math while considering tire height differences and figure it out.

hey mass, if i decide to go with z71 coils and dont get this deal, how much you want for yours?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
either way... a nice little upgrade if you can get the coils on the cheap. It really makes the truck stand a little bit meaner!

But I am like one of 4 people left in the world who still like the look of a raked truck! Hence why my lowered Z71 isn't anywhere near level

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah, and here I thought I was the odd man out, something just a little mean looking about a raked stance, reason I only have a 3" drop out back and 4" up front

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my Z71 springs installed on my LT today, without the 2" spacers the height would have been close to the stock LT height. They will maybe raise your hoe .5". This mod is not for height, this mod is for increased payload. The Z71 coil springs are rated 750lbs more each than the LT. I tow a pretty heavy trailer on a regular basis so that is the reason I did the swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9