Z71 coil swap in LT and Lift ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2002 Tahoe LT w/ Auto ride. I use this truck for work and pull around 5000 lbs with it frequently. I want to lift the hoe about 2" or 3" to add bigger tires. The auto ride works great when towing, leveling out the hoe. Auto ride shocks are expensive though, I read somewhere that if you swap Z71 coils in the LT it will lift about 1" increase your towing weight and handle the load better.

1: Has anyone heard about the Z71 coil swap doing this?
2: If this is done what would be the benefits of the Autoride?
3: Can I just add a 2" spacer after the coil swap then ford keys in front and get 3".
4: If I do that and just replace my AR shocks with some regular shocks would I feel or see a difference without the autoride?
5: Does this effect the tow /haul function on the hoe?

Sorry for the list just want to figure out the best way for function.

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I You can replace the air shocks and run normal shocks, you just are going to want to permanently shut off your air pump. It will not affect the tow/haul because that's all run through the computer, and transmission. Do your front shocks have the wires going into the tops of them? my LT did, and I don't know what that would affect if you did lift keys with it...Not too many people have the autoride Tahoe, and even less try to modd them, so its hard to find good answers.

OP
OP
PUGLIA

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have not seen to many around. I just really need to get schooled on what the benefits are vs great rear shocks. I really want to lift my hoe but need to weigh all the options. For the price I could replace my autoride shocks for FOX remote reservoirs or even cheaper they have the new factory performance series that only run around 150.00. So I guess I just need to do some homework.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33