Z71 bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe4471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe LT 4wd I’m trying to hunt down some black Z71 bumpers so I don’t have to pay out the ass for dechroming and repainting of mine

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy primed bumpers for pretty cheap and just have to paint them. You might get lucky and find some Z71 bumpers in your color though. Finding rust free examples is a little harder sometimes, so I'm going to go the primed route unless I get really lucky.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine on my truck painted white and they held up for years. Only reason I took them off is I went back chrome

OP
OP
Tahoe4471

Tahoe4471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can buy primed bumpers for pretty cheap and just have to paint them. You might get lucky and find some Z71 bumpers in your color though. Finding rust free examples is a little harder sometimes, so I'm going to go the primed route unless I get really lucky.

I’ll keep that in mind. the last month I have poured parts into it ( bought it used previous owner did great on engine maitenece but lacked everywhere else) bank account is a little dry at the moment

OP
OP
Tahoe4471

Tahoe4471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had mine on my truck painted white and they held up for years. Only reason I took them off is I went back chrome

Thank you I bought here used previous owner had her crhomed out and I can’t do chrome not on my tahoe anyways lol

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe my painter used adhesion promoter to help the paint stick. Have you thought of having them powder coated?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new aftermarket painted front bumper on Amazon for $119 shipped to my door. Every junkyard in my area wanted around $100 for a used one full of dents or dings. I couldn't find a CLEAN one, so I bought a new aftermarket bumper. I still have not gotten around to painting it and installing it yet though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout