Z71 Bumper replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few people have done it, you interested in doing it yourself or taking it to a shop?

OP
OP
Drgnblood

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
im not sure yet....i dont have equipment to do it but i could get access to it....how much work is it..?? Could i do it over a three day weekend?? oh and where do i get the paint...online....automotive body shop?? sorry all the questions??

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sand it down, use some adhesion promoter, high build primer, color, clear. All can be done with a rattle can if you would like, depends a lot on the color of your truck. It could easily be done over a 3 day weekend. What color is your truck man?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27648 give that a look, its an awsome write up and the guy did a badass job. Should give you an idea if its something you want to try yourself

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Oh and rollpan looks like it doesnt fit quite right imo, check out jk's I think his is the best I have seen on a ** or kon

OP
OP
Drgnblood

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
Sand it down, use some adhesion promoter, high build primer, color, clear. All can be done with a rattle can if you would like, depends a lot on the color of your truck. It could easily be done over a 3 day weekend. What color is your truck man?

Sandalwood mettallic

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27648 give that a look, its an awsome write up and the guy did a badass job. Should give you an idea if its something you want to try yourself

I'mma check it out

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Oh and rollpan looks like it doesnt fit quite right imo, check out jk's I think his is the best I have seen on a ** or kon

yeah i kinda saw that but i wanted a second opinion

Hey thanks by the way

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I painted my chrome grille shell and I sanded it down starting with 500 and smoothed it all out with some 1000. The I hit it with adhesion promoter (2 or 3 coats), then some self etching primer, some black duplicolor, about 3-5 coats (a lot to avoid chips) then hit it with the clear coat, I lost count after 8 coats here. Then I sanded with 1500 and finished with 2000, used some rubbing compound and a coat of wax. It hasnt chipped and has help up fine to all kind of weather. First time I did it I did not take the time and just sprayed black and clear and it was chipping in a matter of days. I did mine in a weeked (fri-sun). If you have any other questions man just let me know.

OP
OP
Drgnblood

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
Well I painted my chrome grille shell and I sanded it down starting with 500 and smoothed it all out with some 1000. The I hit it with adhesion promoter (2 or 3 coats), then some self etching primer, some black duplicolor, about 3-5 coats (a lot to avoid chips) then hit it with the clear coat, I lost count after 8 coats here. Then I sanded with 1500 and finished with 2000, used some rubbing compound and a coat of wax. It hasnt chipped and has help up fine to all kind of weather. First time I did it I did not take the time and just sprayed black and clear and it was chipping in a matter of days. I did mine in a weeked (fri-sun). If you have any other questions man just let me know.

man that sounds like a job but i guess i gotta pop my cherry sometime.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins