Z71 6l80e swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racefab72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looking at possibly swapping in a z71 suburban transfercase and trans so I can switch 4wd in and out, has anyone else tried this?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
into what, out of what would help...

there are a few different transfer cases. if your truck has a 6l80/tcase now you really wouldnt need to swap the transmission, they should all bolt to the 6l80 that already had a tcase on the end of it.

if youre coming from a 4l60 then you would need the tcm out of the donor truck, wiring, tuning, etc. may be better to look for a 4l80/tcase to swap in in that instance.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would the z71 tranny/case be the most durable swappable option for the NNBS?

OP
OP
R

Racefab72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to be able to disengage 4wd on a 2008 Yukon xl Denali, so I would likely use a z71 suburban transfercase and switch like they have on the dash to be able to control 4wd, is that possible.

into what, out of what would help...

there are a few different transfer cases. if your truck has a 6l80/tcase now you really wouldnt need to swap the transmission, they should all bolt to the 6l80 that already had a tcase on the end of it.

if youre coming from a 4l60 then you would need the tcm out of the donor truck, wiring, tuning, etc. may be better to look for a 4l80/tcase to swap in in that instance.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to be able to disengage 4wd on a 2008 Yukon xl Denali, so I would likely use a z71 suburban transfercase and switch like they have on the dash to be able to control 4wd, is that possible.
If this is a possible swap, it would be a pretty in depth swap over. Not only would you need the transfer case, transmission if you’re gonna do it, but you would also need the differentials out of the donor truck, as a 4WD differential is different than an AWD differential.

OP
OP
R

Racefab72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If this is a possible swap, it would be a pretty in depth swap over. Not only would you need the transfer case, transmission if you’re gonna do it, but you would also need the differentials out of the donor truck, as a 4WD differential is different than an AWD differential.
Thanks, I believe I’ll keep what I have lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins