Z55 suspension questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy the 3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
03 yukon xl Denali. Replaced the rear auto ride with moog HD springs and rancho shocks. The rear was shot, holes in the bags and the pump was burned out. The front is sitting on the bump stops now so its that time. My question is should I just replace the Delphi electronic ones with Delphi or go conventional? Then there's the under lying question of ride height. Where I put the HD springs in back does that lift the ride height at all and if so should I get conventional shocks for a 1inch lift? Just looking for advice on this particular set up. Thanks

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
03 yukon xl Denali. Replaced the rear auto ride with moog HD springs and rancho shocks. The rear was shot, holes in the bags and the pump was burned out. The front is sitting on the bump stops now so its that time. My question is should I just replace the Delphi electronic ones with Delphi or go conventional? Then there's the under lying question of ride height. Where I put the HD springs in back does that lift the ride height at all and if so should I get conventional shocks for a 1inch lift? Just looking for advice on this particular set up. Thanks

A couple things...
When you say HD Moog springs, you mean the Z71 springs? If so, they may have gained you as much as 2". What are your fender heights like?
Also, don't overlook the fact the UCA is supposed to be in contact with the jounce stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts