Z springs install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon50BMG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I’m trying to be a DIY’er and uh, jacked up the frame and lowered the differential, got the stock springs out, anyway to squeeze these springs in there without compressing them? I’m about an inch or so shy of getting them in on the insulators with no compression. Diff can’t go down anymore. Or can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthPhxViejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I’m trying to be a DIY’er and uh, jacked up the frame and lowered the differential, got the stock springs out, anyway to squeeze these springs in there without compressing them? I’m about an inch or so shy of getting them in on the insulators with no compression. Diff can’t go down anymore. Or can it?

Drop the lower control arms..easy like you won't believe

OP
OP
Y

Yukon50BMG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a feeling. Gotta be smarter than the springs. BRB!

OP
OP
Y

Yukon50BMG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Weird is the only way to go where I’m from lol

OP
OP
Y

Yukon50BMG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure you seat the bottom in the coil groove and top is centered. Slow and easy. Nothing should get weird
Ok, so with the coil in place, the groove is which way... I’m assuming the spot that gives the coil the most room? I’ve rotated it and it gets tight on one side and I gain slack on the other. I’m centered up top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018