Z-71 coils on rear of Denali XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtydenali07

Reaction score
So I bought the wife a 2007 Yukon Denali XL last year. I didn't know anything about the suspension, and as it turns out the rear air shocks/compressor doesn't work. I like the soft cushy ride compared to my 2001 Excursion. Problem is the Yuk sits slightly rear end down, and any, I mean any, weight in the rear makes it sag 1-2". Even without any weight in the rear, I can't see out the back window well with the rear view mirror because I'm looking at the ground not too far behind me.
So I bought a set of Z-71 rear coils and intend to install them when I have time. Questions I have are how much lift will I gain, and will it ride more harsh to where my wife has me put the stock coils back in, maybe with spacers? Also, does anyone have a pic of a Yukon Denali XL with rear Z-71 coils and stock front?

JoeM5952

Reaction score
Moog Z71 springs pushed my rear about 2 inches higher than the front. I did 4600's at the same time so can't comment a lot on harshness but it is definitely firmer than the ZW7 package I took off.

OP
OP
dirtydenali07

dirtydenali07

Reaction score
Moog Z71 springs pushed my rear about 2 inches higher than the front. I did 4600's at the same time so can't comment a lot on harshness but it is definitely firmer than the ZW7 package I took off.
Sounds good. If it looks to high in rear I'll add lower spacers in front. If need be I'll change the rear shocks too.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z71 springs and 2" spacers got me just shy of 3" overall height, added Ford LIFT keys (to lift an F150 or Expedition 1-3") to the front, got me a good 3" to match. Currently sitting at 39 1/2" at all four corners.

If it sits higher in the rear, you won't need spacers in the front. Just crank your stock bars to level, one full turn typically equals about 1/4" of ride height. Lift the front and support on jackstands (releasing most of the load, and crank about one turn each time. Drop it back to earth, drive a bit to let everything settle, then remeasure. Turn till level :waytogo:.

OP
OP
dirtydenali07

dirtydenali07

Reaction score
Z71 springs and 2" spacers got me just shy of 3" overall height, added Ford LIFT keys (to lift an F150 or Expedition 1-3") to the front, got me a good 3" to match. Currently sitting at 39 1/2" at all four corners.

If it sits higher in the rear, you won't need spacers in the front. Just crank your stock bars to level, one full turn typically equals about 1/4" of ride height. Lift the front and support on jackstands (releasing most of the load, and crank about one turn each time. Drop it back to earth, drive a bit to let everything settle, then remeasure. Turn till level :waytogo:.
Can't crank it. It has factory struts in front. I'll just put the spacers between the a-arm and the strut.
Had a 01 Explorer Sport that I raised 2" by cranking the torsion bars, and put air shocks in rear. Fit LT 265/75r16 on it.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't crank it. It has factory struts in front. I'll just put the spacers between the a-arm and the strut.
Had a 01 Explorer Sport that I raised 2" by cranking the torsion bars, and put air shocks in rear. Fit LT 265/75r16 on it.

Ummmm.... yer in the wrong section here, bud..... this is the 00-06 NBS section. You should be in the 07-14 NNBS Forum..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9