Yuukon Hybrid - Brake Failure???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This morning I went into the garage, turned the key to start the car and my foot (on the brake pedal) went to the floor. The dashboard lit up with warnings about the Stabilitrack system, ABS, etc. I tried turning it on and off a couple of times but it kept happening.

I put the car in reverse and rolled backward a bit then applied the brakes. They seemed to work given a lot of effort but the pedal sure was lower than normal. I'll be calling the dealer today but wondered if anyone had thoughts of where to start looking for answers?

The car started up and ran just fine - it's just the brake system seems entirely compromised.

Thanks,
Peter

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your power brakes went out and you're stuck using manual pressure. If you've got big balls you can drive it to your dealer most likely but I don't recommend it. This also means your braking to convert your forward motion to charge the batteries also (most likely) doesn't work. Best bet is to call AAA and get it towed

OP
OP
J

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I called GMC Roadside Assistance - they're coming to get it and take it to the dealer. It's the damndest thing - all is fine until I step on the brake pedal then all hell brakes loose (pun intended)

Here's a short vid I made to show the service tech in case it stops doing it and they can't reproduce the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuxN-ccsbnc

OP
OP
J

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer just called saying there are several TSB's about this that they're going to address. Supposedly updating some software and should have it ready for tomorrow. The sensor that tells the computer where the brake pedal is and adjusts/proportions the re-generative braking accordingly with the hydraulic system is apparently pretty persnickety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh