****** Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped in at the dealership yesterday and there it sat exactly where I parked it a week ago. They said the service ticket has at least been dispatched to a mechanic but that’s about all they had to say
I would be looking for another dealer, if that happened to mine my dealer would have had it in the shop within an hour, no excuse for it sitting that long!

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ain’t no thing. Bought it sight unseen while in transport and it’s been great up to this point. Hoping it’s something easy but the more issues I see popping up with these new ones is really starting to make me think ditching the 2011 suburban for this was a mistake…

Stopped in at the dealership yesterday and there it sat exactly where I parked it a week ago. They said the service ticket has at least been dispatched to a mechanic but that’s about all they had to say
I wouldn't worry about the issues. Most are trivial. The rest are attributed to bad service departments with incompetence.

As many of these that are sold and the forum has such little traffic or new posts is a good thing.

Half the posts that i reply too are user error lol. Like the floor liner debacle. It's just craziness. Im not sure if it's the targeted audience or what.

Cars are simple you just have to like it to deal with any issues. If you dont like it any issue will break you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be looking for another dealer, if that happened to mine my dealer would have had it in the shop within an hour, no excuse for it sitting that long!
I trust this small town dealer a lot more than the bigger place 30 minutes down the road. This place said they were busy and had vehicles already scheduled ahead of it so I can’t really expect them to drop everything for me

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This place said they were busy and had vehicles already scheduled ahead of it so I can’t really expect them to drop everything for me
I'm so glad you understand that shops are busy, and there are times when you just have to wait your turn. I get that it's frustrating to buy an expensive vehicle and have it break down, but unfortunately it happens.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I trust this small town dealer a lot more than the bigger place 30 minutes down the road. This place said they were busy and had vehicles already scheduled ahead of it so I can’t really expect them to drop everything for me
I generally find larger dealerships [with a 5 star rating] are better.

You must take care of your service adviser to get good fast service.

Years ago I had to take care of my service advisor at Potamkin Cadillac in Manhattan [the place was always super busy with vehicles lines up around the block everyday] to get my climate control fixed the same morning in 0 degree weather in NYC. I worked the overnight shift in upstate NY so no time for down time.

Here in Florida I take care of my service advisor every Christmas and sometimes during the year. When my Transmission, Condenser and Brake Booster went belly up [during the height of Covid] he got me in the very next morning where as other customers had long waits. Even covered my rental Charger.

Unfortunately that is the way it is [at all dealerships] if you want things done in a timely matter.

Unforeseen Circumstances come up at the worst possible time.

That is just me. To each their own.

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we didn’t have several other vehicles to drive I’d be a little more concerned about their lack of urgency but I’m sure I’ll hear from them soon. Wife drove by there earlier and said it’s not sitting out front anymore so something must be happening with it

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to the service department earlier today and they said the vehicle had a code for the fuel pump control module. Part is on order and they expect to see it tomorrow or the next day. When it died it was acting like it was running out of gas so this diagnosis makes sense

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her back yesterday and seems to be back to normal. Had fault code P129F so they replaced the fuel pump power control module under warranty. They also did the bcm update for DRL and looked at 3rd row seatbelt recall while it was there so should be all up to date

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got her back yesterday and seems to be back to normal. Had fault code P129F so they replaced the fuel pump power control module under warranty. They also did the bcm update for DRL and looked at 3rd row seatbelt recall while it was there so should be all up to date
That's great news!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu