Yukon XL under seat Subwoofer box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I test fit a diamond D3 10 and it fit. I could easily fit 2, 3 would be harder but do able. Could definitely fit 4 8's there... I don't care if mines flush with the floor or not, just don't want rear fire and having my wife poke a hole through a sub. Haven't tried the 10 there yet to see how the acoustics are though.

RebelXL

Reaction score
I test fit a diamond D3 10 and it fit. I could easily fit 2, 3 would be harder but do able. Could definitely fit 4 8's there... I don't care if mines flush with the floor or not, just don't want rear fire and having my wife poke a hole through a sub. Haven't tried the 10 there yet to see how the acoustics are though.
What ever came of this?
Any pictures to share?
TIA

RebelXL

Reaction score
I abandoned the idea in favor of more bass. But i downfired my 4 12s into that footwell. Works out great!View media item 26440View media item 26441
wow! That's a lot of bass!! :) In my 20's (and maybe even 30's) I would've totally gone this route but with 4 kids, I need all the space I can get. I am going to get a box that fits in the middle of the 2 middle-row captain seats with just one JL W6 or Focal 12" sub.
Looks good though!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow! That's a lot of bass!! :) In my 20's (and maybe even 30's) I would've totally gone this route but with 4 kids, I need all the space I can get. I am going to get a box that fits in the middle of the 2 middle-row captain seats with just one JL W6 or Focal 12" sub.
Looks good though!

Yea I only have 2 kids. And I never use my 3rd row so I removed it.

akcooper9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does this sub box fit this style rear panel where the speaker is down low?

img_7543-jpg.62738

sub2.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes as long as this is for the long body.

The Short bodies have slightly smaller box to compensate for the wheelhump on the shorter wheelbase.

Last edited:

akcooper9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes as long as I This for the long body.

The Short bodies have slightly smaller box to compensate for the wheelhump on the shorter wheelbase.

Great, thanks. Yes I have a Yukon XL (2500) which is a suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon