Yukon wont go over 3k rpm at w.o.t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seapro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds like the CPU has identified a system problem and is trying to slow down the problem. When you mention 3k rpm lock and if you can only go like 40 mph I remember reading that when I was working on my Stabilitrak. Just a thought. You didn't mention a check engine light so it probably isn't that. I also could be the transmission module has a problem and lost the programming.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This remind of my Ebay "tuned" ecu for my manual swap. I install it, starts fine no cel so I reverse, shift to first fine, start moving shift to second gear and gun it, BOOM! like I hit a brick wall! somehow the "tuner" didn't unlock the rpm range or something in the ecu and it wont rev past 2k. it would just bounce and bounce so impossible to drive a manual like that, it would just crack your teeth bucking and jerking. I went back home installed the factory ecu and aside from the 4 transmission codes it shifted fine, except it revs my engine to 2k when I start it but comes back down. I still need to find a local tuner for it, or I should invest on HP tuners and learn my self. Welp lesson learned no more Ebay tuners for me.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This remind of my Ebay "tuned" ecu for my manual swap. I install it, starts fine no cel so I reverse, shift to first fine, start moving shift to second gear and gun it, BOOM! like I hit a brick wall! somehow the "tuner" didn't unlock the rpm range or something in the ecu and it wont rev past 2k. it would just bounce and bounce so impossible to drive a manual like that, it would just crack your teeth bucking and jerking. I went back home installed the factory ecu and aside from the 4 transmission codes it shifted fine, except it revs my engine to 2k when I start it but comes back down. I still need to find a local tuner for it, or I should invest on HP tuners and learn my self. Welp lesson learned no more Ebay tuners for me.
Just get ls droid and bluetooth adapter and tuner pro/pcmhammer, and you can segment swap a manual transmission os to your stock pcm and go from there. I would get a spare computer to play with but it is easy enough. Ive done it a few times. No major tuning on my part, but i did a computer for a buddy that 4.8 swapped his 85 k20 and used a 700r4. Used a manual tune to avoid the transmission dtcs. Runs good for not having a "tune" on a 4.8 with tbss intake and long tubes.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get ls droid and bluetooth adapter and tuner pro/pcmhammer, and you can segment swap a manual transmission os to your stock pcm and go from there. I would get a spare computer to play with but it is easy enough. Ive done it a few times. No major tuning on my part, but i did a computer for a buddy that 4.8 swapped his 85 k20 and used a 700r4. Used a manual tune to avoid the transmission dtcs. Runs good for not having a "tune" on a 4.8 with tbss intake and long tubes.
Thank you! Will definitely look into it tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01