Yukon Ultimate Order Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbarajas010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on the console safe configuration? I was looking to include on my build but it only comes with the 2nd row bench seat not the 2nd row captain chairs. I am being told it is because the safe is hard mounted in (which makes sense since I do not want it portable) and the console slides back and forth. How does having captain chairs affect the console sliding back and forth more than a bench seat since there is a space between the chairs?
The Ultimates only come with captain chairs and not a bench. I dont think the safe is an available option for this build as well.

MCMcBride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Ultimates only come with captain chairs and not a bench. I dont think the safe is an available option for this build as well.
When I built on the GMC site, it was an option to add the safe but it always added the bench but if you took the bench off, it removed the safe.

Last edited:

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I am hoping mine is scheduled for production, dealer has told me it had been ordered and they had an allocation. I really hate having to deal with some of these salesmen and have requested the order number but still have not received it, so tomorrow I am going to drive to dealer and find out exactly where the order is but I have a feeling he was just giving me a line of BS.
I dealt with this for an entire year before I just went to another dealer. The old dealer called me 9 months after he "submitted my order" to inform me that my "order could not be submitted as I configured it".... I had an order number 30 seconds after sitting down with a real dealer on the other side of town, didnt even charge me for the order like the first dealer did.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news, after contacting GMC support I found out that my vehicle has been built. Now just have to find the VIN so I can check what it was built with. Can the dealer provide me with the VIN now that is built, and does VINView provide the VIN as well as location.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get the VIN today for my Ultimate build and did confirm that it has SC. AS a side note I was checking the GMC inventory and checking VIN's and everyone that I checked with a build date of at least 10/02 had the SC option. I spot checked about 6 or 7 to confirm the SC option. So it looks like good news for anyone hoping to get SC with their build and it is a $2,200 option added to the base price.

RedInCo

Reaction score
How do you figure out the build date on other vehicles out on the web site? Is it on the window sticker somewhere?

OP
OP
Danimalx87

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such a crummy way to allocate such a distinct feature.. I have half a mind to cancel my order until Super Cruise can be guaranteed... but I'll most likely just take whatever I can get then trade it in as soon as SC is available.

program4444

Reaction score
I was able to get the VIN today for my Ultimate build and did confirm that it has SC. AS a side note I was checking the GMC inventory and checking VIN's and everyone that I checked with a build date of at least 10/02 had the SC option. I spot checked about 6 or 7 to confirm the SC option. So it looks like good news for anyone hoping to get SC with their build and it is a $2,200 option added to the base price.
How do you check by VIN? I have a VIN but no window sticker. Dealer says invoice shows SC but I’ma trust but verify kind of guy.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a dealer system to be able to check the VIN, it will show the RPO build list as well as other information to include the build date. If it is on the invoice than it will have it, your dealer should also be able to let you know the MSRP and it will include $2,200 for the SC option

micsky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lucky you ...had delivery of my order on Oct 7th, but without SC (dealer originally thought it would come with it) ...guess it was built just before Oct 2nd. Had to say "no" to it, as I as well was seeing others being built with SC, and my dealer knew from day one, vehicle HAD to come with it! Was originally expecting delivery next year; but must admit, now that I see others being built ...I'm getting antsy! Soooo wish we didn't have these middle-man ....boy the frustration in not knowing the state of my order!?