99 Yukon owner from Derby, KS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakcol997

Reaction score
Hey guys! Newbie here! Had my ol reliable 99 Yukon for a few years now. And found this forum! New to tinkering on cars, usually able to do mechanics myself if it needs it! Any suggestions on a Yukon with 245K on the clock?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

This is an excellent place for you to belong to gain good insight and recommendations regarding any questions or issues or experiences associated with these trucks.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When/if you have to dig into the doors buy a pack of the clips from amazon or parts store. They’re fragile from the get-go and 20 years hasn’t helped! Expect 1/3 of them to break the first time you pull a door panel.
You’ve had the truck long enough now to find any major issues, my best .02 is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

OP
OP
jakcol997

jakcol997

Reaction score
When/if you have to dig into the doors buy a pack of the clips from amazon or parts store. They’re fragile from the get-go and 20 years hasn’t helped! Expect 1/3 of them to break the first time you pull a door panel.
You’ve had the truck long enough now to find any major issues, my best .02 is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it
Oh yeah! Haha had to replace the blown stock speakers and replaced the interior door handles while I was at it!

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Haha had to replace the blown stock speakers and replaced the interior door handles while I was at it!
Just did a door handle this weekend. The handle broke around the spring, looked like cheap pot metal fatigue.
I went the lazy route and just worked around the door panel with the controls connected as I spent over an hour trying to disconnect the wiring and failed, only to have one of the few remaining pins poke a hole in the stock door speaker.
I guess that’s the next project!