Yukon keeps stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelso67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello.
I got a 2007 yukon denali with 174k on it. Fighting the dreaded stability track/ traction control off and not sure what else to do. I've done tons of research and did everything that other ppl have done to fix it. Camshaft sensor, TPS, cleaned the throttle body spotless, added a ground cable, new battery. Headgaskets were just done, not even 10 miles on the job. But it's still throwing the stability track light. It runs good just cruising around town but once the torque converter locks in and unlocks it throws them lights then I just dies and won't start back up for 10-15 mins and runs like complete shit. Had a tech 2 hooked up and when it starts sputtering it shows misfire on all the cylinders.. im lost at this point. Plugs and wires are brand new also.
Any help would be appreciated!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I got a 2007 yukon denali with 174k on it. Fighting the dreaded stability track/ traction control off and not sure what else to do. I've done tons of research and did everything that other ppl have done to fix it. Camshaft sensor, TPS, cleaned the throttle body spotless, added a ground cable, new battery. Headgaskets were just done, not even 10 miles on the job. But it's still throwing the stability track light. It runs good just cruising around town but once the torque converter locks in and unlocks it throws them lights then I just dies and won't start back up for 10-15 mins and runs like complete shit. Had a tech 2 hooked up and when it starts sputtering it shows misfire on all the cylinders.. im lost at this point. Plugs and wires are brand new also.
Do you have a subscription to AllDataDIY for the shop manual? Use the trouble shooting guide with the Tech-2 to get after that problem.

OP
OP
K

Kelso67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No I don't. It's not my tech 2 I was just borrowing it. Wish it was mine tho

OP
OP
K

Kelso67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, well, the subscription isn't much and the Tech-2 can be had for about $300-350 unless you can borrow one again. Where do you live? Maybe someone on here has one and doesn't live to far away, I'm in Florida.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello.
There are likely codes being thrown by the ECU. If you can get ahold of the tech 2 again, check the codes and monitor fuel pressures. Gut feeling here - fuel pump is failing.

OP
OP
K

Kelso67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only code that came up was for that cam shaft sensor. Should I just throw a new fuel pump in it?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only code that came up was for that cam shaft sensor. Should I just throw a new fuel pump in it?
Was the sensor calibrated with the Tech-2? Consider spending the money on your own Tech-2, this way you can avoid throwing parts at it and seeing what sticks.

Almost bought a truck up that way, but she had deep cancer and even the dealer warned us away on it.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check ground frame rail left side about a 10 Ga wire Also check PCM ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt