Yukon intermittent no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the relearn is when it wont start and the "security" light is flashing to leave the key in the on position for almost exactly 10min & 30 seconds untill the security light stops flashing then turn the key off for about 30 seconds then it should start. but that only resolves the issue until it screws up again likely when it's time to go to work or take kids to school or something else important to not be late for, lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you do the ignition switch you will probably want it re-keyed so you wont have to carry around two different keys, some of the aftermarket ignition switch's cannot be rekeyed, just a heads up

OP
OP
Jester1023

Jester1023

Reaction score
Ok thanks I will take everything mentioned into perspective.i did not notice the security light flashing when it was doing the non start thing but then again I was not really looking for it I will look for it next time it does not start

OP
OP
Jester1023

Jester1023

Reaction score
Just an update truck has been starting great all weekend without hesitation I talked to my buddy who I bought the vehicle from and he did mention that the battery did die sitting in his driveway at one point so it may have stored the codes they were actually cleared out on Friday and I have not had a problem since they were cleared out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts