Yukon duramax production

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wbsi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some advice, dealership just called me and asked if I'd be willing to delete the max trailer package as they think that might help it get accepted.

I know the integrated brake controller is included in that package along with enhanced radiator cooling capacity. Is that the only thing? Does the diesel still need enhanced cooling? I'm thinking I shouldn't tell them to delete it because I do tow upwards of 8,000 to 12,000 mi a year, roughly 7,000 lbs. My original order was placed mid-January and got preliminary accepted on January 31st.

As an additional note, I'm not in as big of a hurry as I was because I picked up a Yukon XL with a 5.3 earlier this week with plans to trade it in when my order finally arrives.

Last edited:

martinajm

Reaction score
I don't know if this will work, but maybe you could do what I did. I used the Chevy locator and made diesel the only parameter. When I put in other parameters, things got screwed up. Use a ZIP code from Missouri, e.g., 64801 and set the search distance for 2,000 miles. There are 164 diesel Tahoes listed today 3-16-22. I found mine 40 miles away at sticker price - I guess I was lucky.
Thanks for this idea. This worked for me this week as well. While I didn't find the exact vehicle that I had ordered, it was close enough for me to move forward with. XL ,Diesel, SLT, Max Tow were my big drivers. I ended up with a different color (Black) and 22" wheels (which I really don't like), but I pulled the trigger. The dealer was actually only about 25 miles from my house. I did pay a little over MSRP, but not what was advertised. They also have another "unclaimed" Diesel - different color and no max tow - that is in transit. Maybe things are starting to loosen up a bit...

Anyone want some 22" GMC wheels and tires with about 50 miles on them?:)

Yarosuav

Reaction score
My Denali diesel was just build couple weeks ago and is in transit to dealer. It comes with all the options, including Max Tow, so looks like things may be starting to move. I ordered it on 1/20.

wbsi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Denali diesel was just build couple weeks ago and is in transit to dealer. It comes with all the options, including Max Tow, so looks like things may be starting to move. I ordered it on 1/20.
That's interesting, my dealer had me remove the advanced technology package a few weeks ago thinking it might help it get accepted (ordered 1/13) but two weeks later now and still not accepted. They say I'm next in line with them and have been for weeks. I called on Friday and requested they add the package back on since it didn't seem to make a difference but now they tell me they can't? That GM is not accepting our building anymore with the advanced tech package. Anyone else hear this or is this just my dealer giving me the run around?

Yarosuav

Reaction score
That's interesting, my dealer had me remove the advanced technology package a few weeks ago thinking it might help it get accepted (ordered 1/13) but two weeks later now and still not accepted. They say I'm next in line with them and have been for weeks. I called on Friday and requested they add the package back on since it didn't seem to make a difference but now they tell me they can't? That GM is not accepting our building anymore with the advanced tech package. Anyone else hear this or is this just my dealer giving me the run around?

I’m not sure exactly how the timing works, but could be because GM is starting to transition to 2023 model production.

Yarosuav

Reaction score

Also, as an update I picked my Denali up a few weeks ago, and absolutely love it. The Duramax is a great power plant for this car. I moved from BMW X7 M50i with twin-turbo V8 making 525hp, and I don’t really miss all that power - the diesel’s got plenty of pick up, and you don’t have to rev it up…

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put 1400 miles on mine in 2 days. 25 MPG at 85 mph. Ran flawlessly. I don't think most people understand just what a great engine choice this is. It makes this big boat worth owning. Probably one of the best road vehicles I have ever had, with cargo capacity galore...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505