Yukon Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing away with the spare so that wont be an issue. And I don't quite remember why the chicken was on my head in the pic but I figured it would make a funny picture and I've been using it for profile pics ever since lol

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i meant to post this up a while ago but i forgot gm1.jpg
this is just thier standard image but this is basically what heartthrob sells for your truck. it says 2002-2006 avalanche and 2001-2006 suburban yukon 4.8 and 5.3. they dont offer a ss kit so i would coat the exhaust in some diy vht exhaust spray. p/n 1008060

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
limited shopping selection since they are kind of on the fringes of the exhaust world. autoaccessoriesgarage.com shows it listed for 406 free shipping but ive never used them. maybe contact heartthrob directly?

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Looks like the same setup as the one I was looking at. There’s also options for a flowmaster 10 or 44. Any preference between the 10, 44, glass pack (the one I originally linked) or otherwise?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i meant to post this up a while ago but i forgot View attachment 215490
this is just thier standard image but this is basically what heartthrob sells for your truck. it says 2002-2006 avalanche and 2001-2006 suburban yukon 4.8 and 5.3. they dont offer a ss kit so i would coat the exhaust in some diy vht exhaust spray. p/n 1008060
Looks like it goes from a single to a dual. Not what I consider a “true dual”. All the 4.8/ 5.3 factory setups that Ive seen use a y-pipe thus my recommendation to use a setup for a 6.0 which doesn’t use one. Unless you’re willing to settle for a dual from there back only. But the 6.0 midpipes wont bolt to the 6.0 manifolds I don’t believe so 6.0 headers would work. I don’t see the point going from 2 to 1 back to 2.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the Denali exhaust is true dual all the way to the muffler so my recommendation is to buy American Racing or Kooks headers which replicate that and fit exact. Then you just need to have a muffler shop run 2 pipes from there back, incorporating 2 separate mufflers. That way with the headers you’re all the way back to just in front of the rear tires plus they sound badass. I don't have pics of the stock exhaust but here's my AR headers. They fit perfectly on my 02 Denali. I have a dual-in single-out Aero Turbo muffler with a single pipe for the last few feet where it goes up over the axle but like I said you could run 2 pipes and 2 mufflers. The biggest problem is those last few feet unless you do away with the spare but if you're running huge tires like you want, a regular size spare prolly isn't any good to you anyway. BTW why is there a chicken on your head in your avatar pic?View attachment 215485

Are those catted pipes?

I would love to get long tubes but I need cats and dont know what my best options are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew