Yukon Down, AWD delete, headers, converter etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolt on tuned 6.0, so not a lot. Im gonna tone back the shift pressures a tad.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm considering selling my FLT Level 5/6 since I can't use it in my Tahoe...

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one is already fixed and halfway back installed. Hope it doesnt break, AGAIN.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...so this question is for all (including me!) to learn something. Would it be better to swap in a 4l80?

OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so yeah. The issue is this trans has good parts in it, and I have an aftermarket converter already. Don't feel like waiting for this combo to sell and buying something else. Plus this time of year this is a tough sell.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be interested if its a 2wd.

It's 2WD. The only thing 4L60/65 about it is the case. I mentioned it because Steve converted his Yukon to 2WD but I didn't know his trans was already fixed, etc.

I just found out recently that I can't use it due to the Gen4 setups using an extra speed sensor and to install one in this trans would require a total teardown. Major bummer. $3,000+ dollar transmission that I thought for sure I was gonna be able to use. :(

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack. I'd rather not deal with shipping so I was gonna advertise it locally, but we can talk if you're interested. PM me if so.

Steve- any chance you or anyone you know could use a BNIB 9.5" semi-billet lockup converter? It's from FTI and I think the model is SRLS0082.

Last edited:
OP
OP

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to advertise it on fb man, that's where all the action is now a days. They have local groups so you won't have to ship.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to advertise it on fb man, that's where all the action is now a days. They have local groups so you won't have to ship.

Sigh. I really don't wanna make a fb account. Maybe I'll use my gf's. I'm the only car guy in my circle of friends so that doesn't help. Sort of ironically, I'm the one that lives 3 miles from a quarter mile strip.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@01ssreda4 I just wanted to make sure for those that are considering removing their AWD- you didn't have a problem with the front 4WD hubs coming apart with the axles removed, correct? No failures?