Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDarko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently own a 2015 Yukon SLE with the 5.3l engine and the NHT Max Trailering Package. I am looking to upgrade to a 2015 Yukon Denali for the additional horsepower and torque that comes with the 6.2l engine. My question is that after looking at several Yukon Denali's locally, I have yet to find one with the RPO Code for the NHT. I am wondering if the Denali's already have the "goods" built into their specs so the NHT code is not listed or if all the Denali's I have seen just don't have the Max Trailering Package. All the Denali's have the brake controller, 4H and 4L 4WD and the tow haul switch, however none have the NHT code listed in the glove box.
Any clarification would be great.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently own a 2015 Yukon SLE with the 5.3l engine and the NHT Max Trailering Package. I am looking to upgrade to a 2015 Yukon Denali for the additional horsepower and torque that comes with the 6.2l engine. My question is that after looking at several Yukon Denali's locally, I have yet to find one with the RPO Code for the NHT. I am wondering if the Denali's already have the "goods" built into their specs so the NHT code is not listed or if all the Denali's I have seen just don't have the Max Trailering Package. All the Denali's have the brake controller, 4H and 4L 4WD and the tow haul switch, however none have the NHT code listed in the glove box.
Any clarification would be great.
What is your tow rating with the NHT Yukon SLE? The Denalis are 8,100 for 4WD or 8,400 for RWD with a GCWR of 14,000 pounds. I do believe you are correct though and have seen this before on other vehicles.

OP
OP
D

DDarko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is your tow rating with the NHT Yukon SLE? The Denalis are 8,100 for 4WD or 8,400 for RWD with a GCWR of 14,000 pounds. I do believe you are correct though and have seen this before on other vehicles.
Tow rating currently is 8,300# with the NHT on my SLE, as far as I can confirm, but haven't been able to figure out if the NHT is built in to the Denali's or not.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow rating currently is 8,300# with the NHT on my SLE, as far as I can confirm, but haven't been able to figure out if the NHT is built in to the Denali's or not.
I know what you're looking for. Whether they have it or not, they are rated to tow 8100 or 8400 pounds.

My Yukon XL has the K5L package which has everything my daughter's NHT Sierra has save for 3.73 gears. Our cooling systems are identical and the Sierra's rear axle rating is also 4200 pounds. So in that respect, my Yukon XLs K5L is basically an NHT from the pickups which they used on your generation instead of K5L.

GM_fan97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, randomly came across this thread, I have a PDF of all of the RPO options available for a 2018 Yukon (inc. Denali) - I pieced these together using screen-grabs (not sure if the full PDF will load but I'll try to attach that as well)

One big difference is the 2015 Denali (Yukon and Yukon XL) Denali's have the 8-speed transmission. They went to a 10-speed starting with the 2018's. I've heard that the initial 2015 Denali's had the 6-speed and they switched to the 8-speed mid-year, but I cannot confirm.

So all-in-all, not sure if I helped any :shrug:
NHT RPO Code Detail__2018 Yukon Denali RPOs.JPG

Attachments

• 2018-GMC-Yukon-Order-Guide.pdf
    309.3 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish