Yukon Denali Trailer Package - Can I still tow without it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are highly leaning towards the Diesel engine- will that change anything as far as towing? Sorry I should have mentioned that to begin with!

Because the diesel engine is heavier, the tow capacity stays the same with or without max tow. I have a diesel SLT right now and when we ordered our Denali diesel, max tow was on constraint. All I wanted it for was the integrated brake controller and the ability to get the trailer tire sensors. The aftermarket solution I posted above has been working fine for years for me, though, so I'm not going to miss it. I have towed a half dozen times now and it is a great engine. 31.5mpg highway, 22mpg towing (car on an open trailer, 5K lbs roughly).

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the diesel engine, you get the HD radiator, so the towing capacity stays the same with or without max tow. The option only adds the integrated trailer brake controller and 2-speed transfer case.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing that factors into it is how often and how far. If you are going to tow two or three times a month and go hundreds of miles in hilly terrain etc. you probably should really just look at a three-quarter ton and then put this worry behind you. Without air ride it will sag noticeably…
if it’s only occasionally and for 10 or 20 miles, I’d get the appropriate rigging, and carry on.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated already you will sag for sure if the rig is not equipped with air ride.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hard bits that will matter (radiator and transmission cooler) are the components I would check to see if they are different. (if its a diesel they don't change with or without max tow package, dunno on the gaser)

If you don't have them you can add them pretty easily. The brake controller isn't a big deal to add.

Pboerschlein

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I just took delivery of a suburban high country with the diesel. It did not come with the trailer brake controller I installed this one from Tekonsha. It’s nice cause you can make adjustments with your phone via BT.

Attachments

• 6ED087E2-02C0-48F3-B166-8CE95A0DA4CE.jpeg
    6ED087E2-02C0-48F3-B166-8CE95A0DA4CE.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts