Yukon Denali towing capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paradise81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2wd 2015 Yukon Denali with the 6.2 and I’m wondering how much I can tow safely. Here’s the story, I’m wanting to buy a toy hauler and a can am 4 door sxs. Due to the size of the can am I have to get a trailer in the 33-35 foot range. Dry weight on those are all roughly 7-8k plus another 1.5k for the can am. Then add in all the camping accessories and bikes I’d be close to 10k pounds in the trailer. Then throw in me, the wife, 4 kids, and 2 dogs that’s another 800lbs in the Tahoe plus a full tank of gas.

the Tahoe has the towing package so I have a trailer brake which helps but my question is this just too much weight to safely tow? We’ll be going at least 200 miles each time we use it. Has anyone towed the much and if so would you recommend it?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2wd 2015 Yukon Denali with the 6.2 and I’m wondering how much I can tow safely. Here’s the story, I’m wanting to buy a toy hauler and a can am 4 door sxs. Due to the size of the can am I have to get a trailer in the 33-35 foot range. Dry weight on those are all roughly 7-8k plus another 1.5k for the can am. Then add in all the camping accessories and bikes I’d be close to 10k pounds in the trailer. Then throw in me, the wife, 4 kids, and 2 dogs that’s another 800lbs in the Tahoe plus a full tank of gas.

the Tahoe has the towing package so I have a trailer brake which helps but my question is this just too much weight to safely tow? We’ll be going at least 200 miles each time we use it. Has anyone towed the much and if so would you recommend it?

8,400 pounds is the maximum trailer weight and the GCWR is 14,000 pounds.

You could do it with a properly equipped 1/2 ton pick up truck, especially on flat terrain. A 3/4-ton truck would be better.

OP
OP
P

Paradise81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I don’t want to get rid of the Denali so thinking I’m going to just get a motorhome and pull the rzr behind it.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at nearly 10k your getting into 2500 territory even by the standards of todays trucks. depending on how often I would do that just for reliability and increased safety.

if you go the motorhome route just remember to look at the towing capacity of it also to be sure it is rated for the unit plus trailer your looking at