Yukon Denali stranded me today ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back today. They replaced the lifters on that side of the engine, couldn't get approval to replace the other side. They are working on extending the warranty.

Really great dealership, I am just so annoyed with GM and their suppliers. GM needs to do a recall and replace all lifters. They are not very safe and seem to have a decent amount of failures.

I already talked to the sales team there to trade it out for a diesel ... so I may end up doing that.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back today. They replaced the lifters on that side of the engine, couldn't get approval to replace the other side. They are working on extending the warranty.

Really great dealership, I am just so annoyed with GM and their suppliers. GM needs to do a recall and replace all lifters. They are not very safe and seem to have a decent amount of failures.

I already talked to the sales team there to trade it out for a diesel ... so I may end up doing that.
That was a pretty quick turnaround.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If they haven't solved the reason why these fail or done a correction it wouldn't make sense to remove the other head. Why replace lifters that might fail with other lifters that might fail.

GM probably knows the failure rates and has planned their strategy around those numbers. If the burning oil issue of the 09s to 14s is any guide they will take their chances in a court district of their choosing when only a handful of cases still exists. If the lawyers don't save them the payout will be a manageable sum. Win win baby for everyone but the poor schmo stuck with a broken vehicle, nothing personal just numbers.

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now this is scary! We just bought a 2021 with 5.3 engine. Ours came with the 50.dollar credit and start stop disabled but it doesn't sound like it matters. These lifters are gonna fail regardless.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Square root what is your build date? Mine is 5/21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC