Yukon bmc cowl hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Fit !
I want a fiberglass hood for my Yukon SO BAD, but I can't find one.
I'd like to be able to evacuate the hot air and/or "ram" some cool air in
My air intake temps are high and my towing temps get too high for my liking

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The NNBS Tahoe hoods are easy to find, let’s see one for a NNBS Yukon that’s not fiberglass. Weird but they don’t seem to be made.

It could be because the NNBS Yukon front end is ugly as homemade sin and looks like a bug eyed minivan. Who wants a cowl hood on a minivan?... lol

I would love to own a Denali because of the 6.2l but I would have to swap the front clip over to the Tahoe/Suburban front end.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be because the NNBS Yukon front end is ugly as homemade sin and looks like a bug eyed minivan. Who wants a cowl hood on a minivan?... lol

I would love to own a Denali because of the 6.2l but I would have to swap the front clip over to the Tahoe/Suburban front end.
Yeah I’ve never been a fan either.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm having trouble getting this piece of junk to latch. I compared the striker to the stock hood and this striker on the aftermarket hood is too short. I even moved the latch up to the next two holes and it still doesn't latch because the hood hits the radiator support. I haven't seen a fully fiber glass hood like this that's so flimsy since the early 2000s. I've come to a conclusion that this hood is junk with no reinforcements of any kind where the hood hinges go. If you try to shut the hood pushing down from the front, the hood will bend and probably crack. Just hate I wasted money on this piece of junk. There's no good reinforcement of any kind on the bottom of the hood. All flimsy

20200912_180109.jpg 20200912_180103.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm having trouble getting this piece of junk to latch. I compared the striker to the stock hood and this striker on the aftermarket hood is too short. I even moved the latch up to the next two holes and it still doesn't latch because the hood hits the radiator support. I haven't seen a fully fiber glass hood like this that's so flimsy since the early 2000s. I've come to a conclusion that this hood is junk with no reinforcements of any kind where the hood hinges go. If you try to shut the hood pushing down from the front, the hood will bend and probably crack. Just hate I wasted money on this piece of junk. There's no good reinforcement of any kind on the bottom of the hood. All flimsy

View attachment 257416 View attachment 257417
Man that sucks after all this.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 257416 View attachment 257417
I'd contact the company and tell them what the issue is and they have an inferior product of low quality and demand a refund. Do what @Rocket Man did--tell them you're on a Yukon Tahoe forum and if they don't give you a refund, you're going to tell all 60,000 plus members what an inferior product they have and they treat their customers like shit. See how that goes.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's really bad. The hinges are brand new and lubricated. They go down easy. It's just that the hood has no substance to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons