Yukon 5.3 or 6.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tazz63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Town Car that I told she might like that better ... We can trade I have a hour commute to work on the highway and the land yacht is awesome for that but........ .

OP
OP
T

tazz63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I most likely won't be doing any modding to this one, that's what my 68 Camaro is for

Blk 09 LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a bit late, but I just got the email for the topic and thought I’d chime in. I recently upgraded from an ‘07 4.2L Trailblazer to an ‘09 5.3L Flex Tahoe LTZ in order to tow a bit heavier camper. The 5.3 with the heavy duty tow package is rated at 8000#. Towing 6-7k with any of these trucks will decrease mileage considerably, but I’m very happy with the 5.3 and it’s ability to go 2wd when I want(most of the time), and deactivate 4 cylinders to increase mileage in many cases. Just my 2c.

Jon Pousette-Dart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for having me on the forum. I have a question which has probably already been answered but I haven't found it in my searches yet I'm looking at several different yukons from 05-06 some are denalis and some are slt's. I know which engines come in which vehicles but I wanted to know what everyone here prefers. The 5.3 or the 6.0 . I already know what way I'm leaning. I'm also looking at buying one of these vehicles within the next few days seeing as I have to replace a dead 04 blazer. Thanks in advance for all your input
Dan
I bought a 2018 Tahoe RST which I specifically ordered with a 5.3, as the 6.2 requires premium. While it's pleasant to have the extra power it is not worth paying the cost of premium every fill up which really adds up. The 5.3 is a tried and true workhorse. I put a K&N air filter on it which opens it up slightly and I have a Borla exhaust. I like it fine configured as it is. I have an Audi which requires premium because of Turbo. Paying for premium adds up in the long run if you're running a not so great mileage vehicle like a Tahoe, Yukon or such. I can get 20-21 on the highway out of the Tahoe if you don't hit it hard.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed.. And where's your "smoke" video, for us to live vicariously through..?
It’s AWD. The last time I tried for smoke I blew up a $4000 transmission that was built for 800 HP. The problem is torque combined with a lot of weight combined with the NVG149 transfer case. It just plain launches. I haven’t done any new videos since the trans and stall. Here’s an old one though. I need to update.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It’s AWD. The last time I tried for smoke I blew up a $4000 transmission that was built for 800 HP. The problem is torque combined with a lot of weight combined with the NVG149 transfer case. It just plain launches. I haven’t done any new videos since the trans and stall. Here’s an old one though. I need to update.

Oil pressure hitting the ceiling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu