Yukon 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
alright so i just became a member so this and i dont even have a tahoe or yukon. however, i just sold my 07 grand cherokee and im looking to get into a tahoe or yukon, pref a yukon. so my question is i stumbled across a 04
2wd yukon for 6000 with 132k and was wondering about leveling. i didnt know that 2wd yuks has torsion bars to level i just assumed it was spacers.

so are all 2wd yukons from 2000-2006 like this? i prefer keys anyways i just always thought that was a 4x4 thing. and i also saw that since its 2wd you could crank the keys as much as you wanted cause cv angles werent a cocern, is that true? if this is the case ill be purchasing a 2wd yukon since they are somewhat easier to find for a good price and i will just throw some ford keys and level it. are 2wd tahoes the same way? or do they use spacers not keys?

thanks for all the help

Yukonboy2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're the same. I got 2.5" keys in the front of my 4x2 Yukon, and 1.5" spacers in the back. $400 installed.

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright sweet thanks. What type of keys and spacer did you buy? I would like to run a 35" tire or close to it. And does anyone know about the cv Angles? I kinda want a nose higher look. I prefer it that way over completely evenly level

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright sweet thanks. What type of keys and spacer did you buy? I would like to run a 35" tire or close to it. And does anyone know about the cv Angles? I kinda want a nose higher look. I prefer it that way over completely evenly level

2WDs don't have CV axles in the front.

2500HD Keys and a 2" spacer should give you enough room for 35"s. Remember, stock, the GMT800 platform can room 33"s.

If you care about gas mileage, I highly suggest you go to a higher final drive gear ratio for the rear axle. If not, you'll go from 15-19 mpg stock to about 10-12 mpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So are you sayin get keys that are for a 2500 series? So if I am correct these would be "purple keys". From what I read guys with 2500 get "green keys" which are from 1500s cause it provides more lift. So shouldn't I just get the green keys? I was also just thinking about getting ford keys from the dealership unless gm keys provide the same amount of lift like ford.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Do they also make shock extensions or brackets for the rear? I'm sure they do for the front but I didn't know if the rear could use the same ones or if that was a different setup

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you sayin get keys that are for a 2500 series? So if I am correct these would be "purple keys". From what I read guys with 2500 get "green keys" which are from 1500s cause it provides more lift. So shouldn't I just get the green keys? I was also just thinking about getting ford keys from the dealership unless gm keys provide the same amount of lift like ford.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Do they also make shock extensions or brackets for the rear? I'm sure they do for the front but I didn't know if the rear could use the same ones or if that was a different setup

Don't think into it too hard. It causes frustration.

I spoke wrong. To LOWER your Yuk/Tahoe, people use 2500 keys. To LIFT your Yuk/Tahoe, most people grab a pair of Ford keys.

As long as you don't plan going up more than 1-2" in the rear, you should be fine on shocks.

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found a 03 yukon slt 4x2. Does autoride mess with torsion keys or shock extenders? What about spacers in the rear? I'm not even sure if this one has it I'm just curious to know the information

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
You are not going to clear 35's with just cranking the T-bars lol. You will need like a 3" knuckle lift for a silverado with a 2" spacer for the rear and then crank the T-bars up with Ford keys and you should clear 35's with minimal rubbing. The wheel wells on this rigs are to U-Shaped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844