Yukon 2022 window sticker shows “later retrofit…”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cslcs25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still waiting for delivery of our 2022 Yukon Denali with Duramax 3L. Just managed to download the window sticker. In a section that shows credits there is a $1500 credit for: “Includes later retrofit Engine, Duramax 3L Turbo-Diesel”.

We understand that the 3L is $1500 less than the 6.2L. However, is it standard to use the terminology above when a car is outfitted with the Duramax?

Obviously, they wouldn’t send out a gasoline powered vehicle and retrofit it with a diesel later because of things like fuel tank, fuel lines/filters, etc. At least one would hope.

So, again, does anyone know what it means when they say “Includes later retrofit Engine, Duramax 3L Turbo-Diesel”.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for delivery of our 2022 Yukon Denali with Duramax 3L. Just managed to download the window sticker. In a section that shows credits there is a $1500 credit for: “Includes later retrofit Engine, Duramax 3L Turbo-Diesel”.

We understand that the 3L is $1500 less than the 6.2L. However, is it standard to use the terminology above when a car is outfitted with the Duramax?

Obviously, they wouldn’t send out a gasoline powered vehicle and retrofit it with a diesel later because of things like fuel tank, fuel lines/filters, etc. At least one would hope.

So, again, does anyone know what it means when they say “Includes later retrofit Engine, Duramax 3L Turbo-Diesel”.
Pretty cool. Have heard that those 3L motors aren't available so the truck may be completed without its engine and sent to a lot to wait until it is. Just speculating of course.

OP
OP
C

Cslcs25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You sure the “includes later retrofit isn’t for the item above those words, on the same line as the $-50 or $-100 (maybe parking sensors, heated seats, etc) and the engine is on it’s own line with $-1500
Ahhhh! You are correct. Looked at it again and now that makes total sense. Thank you!!

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lucked up and got the ventilated seats on my AT4 just before they went on the factory backorder. Sometimes I forget I have them, but they do come in handy in this hot California summer weather.

JLMBT

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with how GMC actually has cooled seared that actually provide cooled air...I have owned other brands in the past and they said cooled seats, but all they did was draw outside air...very cool

972sparky

Reaction score
My premier that was built mid june has cooled seat backs but the bottoms are to be retrofit, better than none at all as I thought it would be when I got the WS.

zoddrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont know my build date but my Denali has fully cooled seats (ordered late april got it in late june)

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very impressed with how GMC actually has cooled seared that actually provide cooled air...I have owned other brands in the past and they said cooled seats, but all they did was draw outside air...very cool
They're not cooled - they're ventilated seats. AKA fan under the seat blows air up though holes in the cushion. Moving air feels cooler than surrounding seat surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec