YouTube must save us Billions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use YT videos to show me basic stuff. Manuals have very few usable photos to guide me to unfamiliar territory....

But I must admit..... YT showed me exactly how to change out my rear passenger power window assembly. Took me less than an hour & a half!!

I think YouTube can be helpful, as long as you can recognize and tell the difference between the idiots and the guys who have their act together.

I have seen a good number of videos that show some goofballs demonstrating some pretty stupid ways of doing things like using a steel chisel and a hammer to bust the locking ring loose in a fuel pump on a tank 1/2 full of gas. I was waiting for the video to end with a bright orange flash. They spent the whole time explaining why draining the tank and using non-sparking tools was a complete waste of time.

A lot of “Hold my beer and watch this” types out there.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think YouTube can be helpful, as long as you can recognize and tell the difference between the idiots and the guys who have their act together.

I have seen a good number of videos that show some goofballs demonstrating some pretty stupid ways of doing things like using a steel chisel and a hammer to bust the locking ring loose in a fuel pump on a tank 1/2 full of gas. I was waiting for the video to end with a bright orange flash. They spent the whole time explaining why draining the tank and using non-sparking tools was a complete waste of time.

A lot of “Hold my beer and watch this” types out there.
This right here is solid advice! I’m in the “I use YT” for many of my projects group! But a lot of times for onegood solid video showing me what to do, I have to sit through 5 videos of those yahoos.... just shaking my head like what the heck are you doing?!?! Lol but like others said if you know which channels to follow there are some great guys at there that have it together and put it great videos to follow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout