Your Vehicles as they sit now....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you guys don't have real rust issues there?
No salt on our roads brotha [emoji106]
The Yukon chassis and underside was sand or soda blasted as a requirement to pass compliance to get on the road here. It was then painted and after that 2 coats of wax to protect it.
This truck was U.S made and spent time in Japan so it possibly spent time in your climate I reckon as there are signs of rust on bumper mounts and the odd thing,just not to the extent that I see on some of you guys trucks.
Do any of you guys clean that off and underseal? Could be a good business idea?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No salt on our roads brotha [emoji106]
The Yukon chassis and underside was sand or soda blasted as a requirement to pass compliance to get on the road here. It was then painted and after that 2 coats of wax to protect it.
This truck was U.S made and spent time in Japan so it possibly spent time in your climate I reckon as there are signs of rust on bumper mounts and the odd thing,just not to the extent that I see on some of you guys trucks.
Do any of you guys clean that off and underseal? Could be a good business idea?

I left my S10 Blazer at my mother's house for 4 years. She lives 3 blocks from the ocean. By the time I picked it up there are behind the front door had a rust hole big enough for my hand to go through.--just from the salt air.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left my S10 Blazer at my mother's house for 4 years. She lives 3 blocks from the ocean. By the time I picked it up there are behind the front door had a rust hole big enough for my hand to go through.--just from the salt air.
True?!!!
I can believe that!
I'm always sceptical about cars for sale from our west coast here in the South island.(rusty) Very wild ocean on that side of the country and rain forest wet!! You've never seen rain until you've been on the west coast! Man !!

Last edited: