Your Preferred Motor Oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I did do a search, but, I might not have worded it right. Besides, I'm a member of BobIsTheOilGuy.com, and A-Holes are plenty there. They just get ignored, as well.
No apology needed my friend. As others have said, just poking a little fun while also trying to provide some links to some applicable threads on the topic. As stated above, the search function can be a little janky.

Personally, I typically run Valvoline 5W-30 full synthetic but have used Mobil ! on occasion.

Ben Gatewood

Reaction score
As the folks above have posted, please take any wise-crack comments as comments made in jest and fun. A-holes are not welcome in this Forum, and just about all folks who post frequently are definitely not A-holes.

There are certain topics/questions that get asked very frequently on this Forum, like this question regarding motor oil preferences, and there is a mountain of information in this Forum for those frequently asked questions. Unfortunately, the search tool in this Forum leaves a lot to be desired, so finding previously posted information can be a challenge. As such new folks often try to search, find very limited valuable returns for their search inquiries, and end up asking the question in a new post on the Forum.

So, when a frequently asked question pops up in the Forum as a new post, the wise-crack comments start to pop up by the regulars in the Forum. But, to be clear again, it is all in jest and fun. As you can see, folks have provided the OP with links to existing relevant information contained in previously posted threads.

All good....everyone' been more than helpful...the peanut gallery just threw me.

BTW what brand of glass cleaner is suggested for the wiper refill?

Should I go with a concentrated formula?

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe with about 230K. I’ve been using synthetic oil for as long as I can remember - 5w30. About two years ago, I began using Amsoil, and also use their oil filters. I average about 8 months between changes (per the vehicle’s computer). The truck runs beautifully, but that, of course, has to do with more than just the oil.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The NAPA oil is Valvoline if I remember right. Yes, the jugs are 5 quarts but can get single quarts too but I just buy 2 of the 5 quart jugs and fill as needed and then I have 4 quarts left in one jug and use that for top offs or when the next oil change comes around, I get a 5 quart jug and top off the 6th quart out of the partial jug.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The NAPA oil is Valvoline if I remember right. Yes, the jugs are 5 quarts but can get single quarts too but I just buy 2 of the 5 quart jugs and fill as needed and then I have 4 quarts left in one jug and use that for top offs or when the next oil change comes around, I get a 5 quart jug and top off the 6th quart out of the partial jug.
Same her. I’m just bitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd