You Run A Mobil 1 Oil Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe I missed it.. I skimmed it. looked like everyone said 16k is to long to run a filter even if they say you can on the box. and that they changed manufacturers to Purolator recently.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe I missed it.. I skimmed it. looked like everyone said 16k is to long to run a filter even if they say you can on the box. and that they changed manufacturers to Purolator recently.
m1 212A went on, and m1 0w40 in.lol

TerryKing

Reaction score
m1 212A went on, and m1 0w40 in.lol
I went to the M1 212A because at -20F startup the oil pressure came up so slowly the "Shut Engine Down" error came on. The M1 was recommended somewhere for that specific cold weather situation. It Worked For Me: much fast cold oil pressure rise.

240000 miles now and running smooth 5.3L .Oil changes usually 3-4000 max. M1 5w-30

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Two things, WIX XP filters for years and 5k miles oil change intervals.

Remember when Toyota did an ad campaign where it showed how reliable their vehicles were and could go long intervals between maintenance work....by showing a guy welding the hood closed. There were people that believed that and only addressed ANYTHING if a light came on.

But we got people out there that drive in to a lake or ocean because the GPS said to.......freakin' idiots. Sorry, but common sense is fast becoming a thing of the past.
Hey Toyotas are unstoppable
Grandad had a t100 he literally NEVER changed the oil or filter in not a single damn time! It always had a rear main leak so he would say “why I need to change it if it changes its self!” He would just throw a quart in her every now and then!
Never touched a single thing like breaks or plugs or nothing.
Dad drove it when he wrecked his tundra then after the hurricane when a tree fell on it he sold it to a old fisherman for 500$

I still see old “dadapadapadaa” sputtering up the road at about 30mph with the same plywood window in her driver door!
Dads a smoker so we painted the wood black and drilled a hole for him to smoke out of with a cardboard flap. Not long after I decided to drill another hole beside it to make a dick&balls to mess with him. Dick and balls still on there to this day! Lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep