You can now say good bye to auto stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like It’ll cost you 50$ to delete the auto stop feature from Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans built after 6/7/21.

No it will not cost you, it’s going to cost them. they’re going to add a $50 in credit towards the purchase of the vehicle. they cannot build them like that anymore because they don’t have enough chips. And it’s only for the 21 models at this time. There is nothing that stated that it would be for the 22s but they said it was gonna be for the 21 new builds at this time due to the shortage so we’ll see what happens.

I don’t mind it, don’t notice it when I test drove. Somebody said that if you put your foot on the break hard enough it will activate it? I must not have had my foot on the break hard enough or something.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hurray! Mine is being built the week of 6/28, and I didn't want that "feature"!

G-Frog

Reaction score
Looks like It’ll cost you 50$ to delete the auto stop feature from Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans built after 6/7/21.
There must be something I'm missing...

My 2021 Yukon comes with a switch to deactivate the Auto Stop/Start. It's also in the Owner's Manual;

Auto Start-Stop.png

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I get it!

For those who already have it, if you don't like it, just push the button to turn it off.

PS. I know of some people who have bought an installed modules to disable Auto Stop/Start.

On new builds, because of chip shortages. Gm will pay you 50$ not to take the feature.
I thought you could pay to not get the feature.
And then sarcastically joked that I’d pay gm 50$ to remove the feature permanently
(Not really a joke)

Last edited:

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I get it!

For those who already have it, if you don't like it, just push the button to turn it off.

PS. I know of some people who have bought an installed modules to disable Auto Stop/Start.
Hear of those, but have not seen one that’s fully compatible with the 21s yet. Idk. Maybe they do have them by now?

G-Frog

Reaction score
On new builds, because of chip shortages. Gm will pay you 50$ not to take the feature.
I thought you could pay to not get the feature.
And then sarcastically joked that I’d pay gm 50$ to remove the feature permanently
(Not really a joke)
I wasn't aware that the chip issue also affected the Auto Start/Stop feature until I saw Chloe_21's report. That's why I didn't understand the original post of paying to get it removed.

The Auto Start/Stop can be a real PITA for those who have never experienced it before. My first experience was with my 2018 Traverse which didn't have the "A" On/Off switch. I live in an area with many stop signs. Most times I didn't want the darn thing to shut down the engine for a 2 second stop. It was really annoying. Then I discovered that if you place the transmission in manual mode and selected the highest gear (9 in the Traverse) it would disable the Auto Stop/Start and shift normally.

GM must have adjusted it better for the 2021s because my Yukon doesn't activate right away when I come to a stop. It seems to take between 3 to 5 seconds before activating. They also added the "A" button to disable the system (finally).

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read about the stop/start. Should have waiting another month or so...lol.

On my previous ride, I also have the auto stop/start and got a module to be deactivated at all times. Whats out there for the Tahoes?? I know Range from back in 2011 on my SS are they still around and do they disable stop/start??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne