Yet another new guy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

whee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

This Tahoe is a plain vanilla LT. 5.3L 4x4 with a middle bench and black leather. No auto ride. It’s prefect for my use.

A bunch a googling lead me to believe the CCM leveling kit is the way to go. I think it’s 2.5” at the front and 3/4” at the rear. I’m not really looking for any sort of lift but this amount will likely be beneficial for my trips to Moab, UT.

I wish I had some good pics from the adventures this rig has taken my family on during our first year owning it. Other than some local trips to Yellowstone and such our first trip was 8hrs up the freeway to N Idaho for a bike ride.
B293E35A-67C1-4BA5-902E-74F765825D71.jpeg

Then a trip to near Stanly for some rafting. DA10ABF1-2EF6-4311-A099-55D6100A3189.jpeg

We did a lot of local towing of the powerboat, a trip to Seattle, and some other things all with a smile because of how much we like this car.

Our bike trip to N Idaho showed us that our bike rack was not up to the task so we had to get a different one. It works great on the Tahoe.
46AA4D97-7386-42F5-8F30-F9131AE0883F.jpeg

Earlier this week she rolled 300k.E567805B-0CA6-48C6-9682-3BEA40827B64.jpeg

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

This Tahoe is a plain vanilla LT. 5.3L 4x4 with a middle bench and black leather. No auto ride. It’s prefect for my use.

A bunch a googling lead me to believe the CCM leveling kit is the way to go. I think it’s 2.5” at the front and 3/4” at the rear. I’m not really looking for any sort of lift but this amount will likely be beneficial for my trips to Moab, UT.

I wish I had some good pics from the adventures this rig has taken my family on during our first year owning it. Other than some local trips to Yellowstone and such our first trip was 8hrs up the freeway to N Idaho for a bike ride.
View attachment 272583

Then a trip to near Stanly for some rafting. View attachment 272591

We did a lot of local towing of the powerboat, a trip to Seattle, and some other things all with a smile because of how much we like this car.

Our bike trip to N Idaho showed us that our bike rack was not up to the task so we had to get a different one. It works great on the Tahoe.
View attachment 272584

Earlier this week she rolled 300k.View attachment 272585

The way to know (at least in paper) what a given amount of lift front or back will do is to measure. If you take a tape measure, with the truck on a flat surface, measure from the ground to the center of your fender, right through the center of the wheel with the tape as near 90 degrees as possible. That will tell you where you sit now and how much theoretical change will net a lift front to back. There will be slight differences side to side and after you install the lift, results may be a little different than published due to the set your springs take, etc. But that should get you close.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to see that your truck is an integral part of your outdoor adventures. Keep it going!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9