Yellow Fog Lights on 15+ Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Goodman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have tried searching and searching but can't seem to find anyone who has put yellow fog lights (yellow lenses) on a 2015+ Tahoe. My wife and I just purchased a 2015 Tahoe LT and have already made quite a few changes which I will post some pics once its all done but am having a hard time deciding between the clear and yellow fog light lenses.

If anyone could help with a picture that would be sincerely appreciated!! I've tried searching on google, this forum, bing, yahoo and several other tahoe forums with no luck.

We have the Silver Ice Metallic color. Thank you!!

Kyle

OP
OP
Kyle Goodman

Kyle Goodman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_3600.JPG
This is what our Tahoe looked like the day we got it.

Have since debadged, swapped out bench seat for Captains chairs, removed pin striping and put in Husky floor liners all 3 rows.

Future mods:

Wrap chrome door trim with black vinyl
Paint front grill and headlight eyebrows black
Tint rear tail lights
Change front 2 windows from 35% to 20% tint
Change badges to all black
Paint calipers teal (it's my wife's car)
Add roof rack along with
Add fog lights
Replace all bulbs with 6k LED's

OP
OP
Kyle Goodman

Kyle Goodman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well its my wife's car and apparently she doesn't like the look of the yellow with the 6k bluish-white headlights so it would have to either be the yellow fog lenses with any LED bulb or the clear lenses with a 6k led bulb for the fogs to match the 6k led headlights.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did 3500k hid bulbs in the stock fog housings on my Denali XL. I did not like the fact that if I did the film you see it all the time.
Let me say after driving in the rain, fog, snow these fogs cut through and make the road visible this is the 3rd GM SUV I set up this way works awesome.

OP
OP
Kyle Goodman

Kyle Goodman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally have some updates for my wife's Tahoe. Got the yellow fog lights put in along with all of the chrome accessories, roof rack, debadge, black emblems, retinted front two windows and tail lights, 2nd row captains chairs, new wheels, 6k LED's all around including headlights and 3k yellow LED's to help brighten the fog lights and 26" Strada Perfetto wheels.

Unfortunately, my wife wants gloss black instead of the flat black look so new wheels have been ordered and should be put on next week along with painting her calipers teal (her favorite color)

And we couldn't get the OEM fog light switch to work since apparently her LT doesn't even have the fuse location to even run the wires to the DEI611t so it would require running all new wiring with a new fuse box which is not worth it so we just installed an aftermarket fog light switch.

IMG_1206.JPG IMG_1217.jpg IMG_1219.jpg IMG_1220.jpg IMG_9167.JPG

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Which yellow fog bulbs did you go with? I’m considering this on my Yukon.

OP
OP
Kyle Goodman

Kyle Goodman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Which yellow fog bulbs did you go with? I’m considering this on my Yukon.

Thanks! I used a 5202 Yellow LED. Here is the link to the ones I ordered. They shipped very quickly and work perfectly. No issues at all with fitment, color or brightness.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alla-Lighting-3200lm-3000K-27-LED-5202-Fog-Light-Driving-Bulb-Lamp-Gloden-Yellow/183175891506?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And I will say it was a huge difference between a stock white 5202 bulb and a 5202 yellow LED. They really helped the look of the yellow fogs immensely. Hope that helps!

Here is a pic of the stock fog light bulb (left) and the yellow LED (right)

IMG_0046.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9