Yates's Cadillac adventures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I am sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly with you guys. We noticed a little rust from underneath on the driver side so purchased a new floor pan already, passenger side looked brand new. Going to seal everything up and then put in Dynamat and Dynapad in that I have left over from the white Chevy that Dynamat sponsored back in 2013.

Dropped a bare block block in to check fitment and the motor mounts I have, from when this motor was supposed to go on an S10 frame for a 48 pickup, won't work. Trying to decide if I should cough up the $150 for Dirty Dingo mounts or cut these up and remake some. GTO oil pan looks like it should work with minimal reshaping on the frame. From a quick look we may not have to modify the firewall or trans time tunnel but need to gut one of my 4l60e teams to know for sure.

Progress today, will hopefully get it vacuumed out and the old sound deadening scraped it more. Wires will be cleaned up once Dynamat is down.

e5roqHC.jpg

Was about to be able to Flintstone it, really complimented the lack of motor.

TRiqh5s.jpg

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting all the interior except the door panels out and packed over to my parents for storage until that point, only broke 2 bolts too. I was surprised at home much of the panels are vinyl wrapped although it makes more sense for the time period. I think we made the decision to replace the vinyl rewrapping with black which will take very few pieces to actually dye. Not sure if this is the easier or cheaper alternative or the exact opposite but sounds like the better alternative.

We also decided to remake the motor mounts of the plans for the first ones but making them longer. Not as far as I wanted to get but pretty decent progress I think.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I am sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly with you guys. We noticed a little rust from underneath on the driver side so purchased a new floor pan already, passenger side looked brand new. Going to seal everything up and then put in Dynamat and Dynapad in that I have left over from the white Chevy that Dynamat sponsored back in 2013.

Dropped a bare block block in to check fitment and the motor mounts I have, from when this motor was supposed to go on an S10 frame for a 48 pickup, won't work. Trying to decide if I should cough up the $150 for Dirty Dingo mounts or cut these up and remake some. GTO oil pan looks like it should work with minimal reshaping on the frame. From a quick look we may not have to modify the firewall or trans time tunnel but need to gut one of my 4l60e teams to know for sure.

Progress today, will hopefully get it vacuumed out and the old sound deadening scraped it more. Wires will be cleaned up once Dynamat is down.

Was about to be able to Flintstone it, really complimented the lack of motor.

TRiqh5s.jpg

Love the high beam switch on the floor!

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the high beam switch on the floor!
Whomever built the speaker kick panels covered it over and then is seized up when I got it uncovered. I bought a new one and need to decide whether I want to change the speakers to the doors or move the high beam switch over. I really want to move them to the door but I am having trouble finding reasonably priced replacement kick panels. Either way I want the high beams to work. The car has factory automatic high beams so want to see if it works, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts