Yates's Cadillac adventures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting about that van WP. It's probably cheaper than the L99 WP, too.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's interesting about that van WP. It's probably cheaper than the L99 WP, too.
Haven't checked on prices yet but figured it is one that many would never know about but may good a option for some, it also the same one as a 2010 Sierra 5.3 as there was one there. It just worked out we had one laying around. Need to check if it will mess with using A/C if we are able to get that working.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't checked on prices yet but figured it is one that many would never know about but may good a option for some, it also the same one as a 2010 Sierra 5.3 as there was one there. It just worked out we had one laying around. Need to check if it will mess with using A/C if we are able to get that working.

Gonna use a compressor in the stock location or a high mount? I'd imagine there's PLENTY of space in the Caddy for a stock compressor in the stock location.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna use a compressor in the stock location or a high mount? I'd imagine there's PLENTY of space in the Caddy for a stock compressor in the stock location.
No idea at this point, iI assume that depends on how far forward we can get the motor which is likely going to depend on the oil pan. It's one of the things we will check when mocking things up. Not if the factory stuff works right now anyways so not high on the priority list but would like to make it work sometime.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please slow down. Progress on this thing is going too briskly.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please slow down. Progress on this thing is going too briskly.
Pretty much have one night a week to work on it which results in 4ish hours a week. I said from the beginning I won't be getting this done anytime soon due to time constraints.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much have one night a week to work on it which results in 4ish hours a week. I said from the beginning I won't be getting this done anytime soon due to time constraints.
I don't understand. You work 8 hours a day which yields another 16 hours a day for actual work :shrug: Your family doesn't need to see you and you don't require that much sleep. Pick up the pace, skippy :crazy:

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. You work 8 hours a day which yields another 16 hours a day for actual work :shrug: Your family doesn't need to see you and you don't require that much sleep. Pick up the pace, skippy :crazy:
Lol. I think part of the problem is that I have come to terms that it will not be completed this year so, with it being so nice, it is hard to go over there during the day.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. I think part of the problem is that I have come to terms that it will not be completed this year so, with it being so nice, it is hard to go over there during the day.
yep. Most projects do take a while so gotta pick away at them as time and money allows :) I'm in the same boat with the dually. Just trying to pick away at it as time allows and trying not to get too discouraged that the progress isn't faster.

I do think you're taking the right approach rather than just throwing the engine in "as is". Going through it a little bit while it's out of the car is the way to go.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. Most projects do take a while so gotta pick away at them as time and money allows :) I'm in the same boat with the dually. Just trying to pick away at it as time allows and trying not to get too discouraged that the progress isn't faster.

I do think you're taking the right approach rather than just throwing the engine in "as is". Going through it a little bit while it's out of the car is the way to go.
After we do a bit more mock up I can degrease the eff out of it and get some paint thrown on so i can start assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh