Yanked into oncoming traffic!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I tried that and got an extra light. "Brake". And it seemed to not be as smooth. I could lock a wheel under hard braking. With just the ABS fuse pulled I couldn't. Pretty frustrating.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While they have the same architecture they are different vehicles; our old Pontiac Montana has a bad ABS pump so it is disconnected and the car runs and stops fine.

You'll want to get a Tech-2 or equivalent hooked up to pull brake and chassis codes if not done already and it can also run tests and calibrations if necessary.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While they have the same architecture they are different vehicles; our old Pontiac Montana has a bad ABS pump so it is disconnected and the car runs and stops fine.

You'll want to get a Tech-2 or equivalent hooked up to pull brake and chassis codes if not done already and it can also run tests and calibrations if necessary.

Yeeaah... limited budget here. I just bought a Launch 90 Diagnostic Scanner. It does read chassis codes but it's limited on it's bidirectional options. Since I didn't think I needed a mfgr specific tool I bought one that covers most as far as reading abilities. Like I mentioned earlier the only code this Yukon throws is Steering Angle Sensor. From what I'm learning now that can cause the ABS/Stabilitrac problems I'm facing. Do you know if there's a way to test that sensor? Are they resetable? I put a new one in last year and the warning went away. Then we had the front end aligned and the warning came back on. My wife kept been driving it and started complaining about brake drag. Little did I know then it was prolly the ABS/Stabiltrac system doing it! Now I wonder if that's what caused the transmission to go out! What a dummy!

Z-28-gen5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife was driving the '05 Yukon the other day and it grunted and yanked to the left! I convinced her to shut it off and restart it and drive the remaining 2 miles home. When she got here she told me it's runs better than it has in a long while. A little history: It sat for about year until we could afford a new tranny. All the while the SAS is bad and it's saying "Service Stability". She's been driving it like that but complaining about lack of power and a feeling like the parking brake is dragging. So I'm chasing the brakes and guessing the cat is clogged. I even cleaned the throttle body! Now 2 days before this happened it blew a Oil Pressure Switch and squirted about 1/2-3/4 qt of oil all over the underside. I replaced the switch, lifted it, degreased it, and pressure washed it. So I'm wondering if I did anything to the ABS Module. Another question: does anybody know if the SAS on that year can be tested or reset, or is just a replacement I'm looking at? I've driven it around and it drives great now but she won't drive it until I can guarantee it's been fixed! She's tough, rides her own Harley but getting yanked into oncoming traffic scared her.

Z-28-gen5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Z-28-gen5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem on my 2007 LT TAHOE. The traction control engages & apples the brake when you slightly turn the steering wheel to the left. It was determined by GM that the SAS( steering angle sensor is bad). When I tried to order one to replace myself Chevrolet informed me that sensor had been discontinued. At this time I just drive & not worry about it. It very seldom acts up. My Tahoe has 167000miles maybe Chevrolet has a program to reset but none have been disclosed.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your '07 is no doubt different than my '05 and the SAS is a different part. I can't believe they would discontinue yours and not mine. I found a good read on a bypass system.

Gm part number 19168825. Some say it works.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That alldatadiy.com is one of the best things I ever did. Inexpensive info and diagnostics for your rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt