XM radio won’t load on 2021 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrDoug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3 times this week we have gotten XM radio loading but nothing on the screen. It has lasted a full day of many starts, or a few hours with 1 start. The last station is on but everything is grayed out or black. Even did the refresh to no help. Dealer told me this was a XM problem. Half hour on phone with XM and they said the signal was going through or you’d have no radio. Am I the only one with this problem?

sorry to hear your issue. I have a 2021 premier which doesn’t accept SIRRIUSXM WEATHER (visual display). Has anyone found a way to modify existing radio to accept XM WEATHER?

DrDoug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe Premier. It will not apparently accommodate XM WEATHER (visual display). Does anyone know how this can be rectified???? Thanks for all help.

STL Grif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This problem just started for me. Got my 2021 Denali last week and was driving today and the screen blanked out and it says, "Loading SiriusXM". I can still hear the last station it was on but that's it. Chatted with Sirius and they sent a reset signal through that did nothing. Connected me to their "advanced support" but I held for 30 minutes and then hung up. Will try again later and see what they say.

Bthnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This problem just started for me. Got my 2021 Denali last week and was driving today and the screen blanked out and it says, "Loading SiriusXM". I can still hear the last station it was on but that's it. Chatted with Sirius and they sent a reset signal through that did nothing. Connected me to their "advanced support" but I held for 30 minutes and then hung up. Will try again later and see what they say.

Try this. I’m not in front of the infotainment but go into the settings and find the running apps somewhere in there, might be under Vehicle, or System. Can’t remember. But in the running apps, find the SiriusXM app and terminate it or force stop. See if that fixes it. It should force it to reload the app.

jna97

Reaction score
Had mine 6 months with no issues......then last week it did exactly what yours did 3 times. A shutdown and restart worked. Seems like lots of radio gremlins in these early ‘21 radios.

Vannmccullar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was having issues this week too. The FM tuner wouldn't work for me either.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

starlah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3 times this week we have gotten XM radio loading but nothing on the screen. It has lasted a full day of many starts, or a few hours with 1 start. The last station is on but everything is grayed out or black. Even did the refresh to no help. Dealer told me this was a XM problem. Half hour on phone with XM and they said the signal was going through or you’d have no radio. Am I the only one with this problem?
I have a 21 Yukon At4. I’ve had it in shop several times for same thing. It randomly will say loading Sirius Xm when I start it up and will not load. I finally figured out if I shut down vehicle and let computer shut down completely it will work fine. If I shut vehicle off and wait just a few seconds and restart it will let me listen to the channel I was listening to when vehicle was shut off ( when radio was working) but won’t let me change channel and presets do not light up until computer shuts down completely. It’s never done it for mechanics I finally took pictures and yesterday took video. Also my battery went dead over night and they checked battery and nothing wrong with battery. I read on here that someone’s car did update overnight and ran battery down It’s like a short in computer. I finally called GM and got a case number to get this figured out. It’s frustrating!!!!

dajuicejml

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This happened to my 2021 Yukon AT4 this week only 2 days after delivery. Called Sirius for a signal refresh and they advised that it was a common problem that they have notified GM about. They walked me straight through the "Apps" sequence and turned off the Satellite Radio. It immediately regained signal and began working.

matthew ziobro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having the same exact issue! I left on SiriusXM Fly (hip hop and rap) and my wife wasn’t happy about that with a 9 year old. The issue has been going on for a while but is now getting much more consistent. Was the dealership hesitant about putting in a new one?

Attachments

• 6130EE4E-3393-4717-9404-108FC45053C6.jpeg
    6130EE4E-3393-4717-9404-108FC45053C6.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1

hustleje12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had this exact issue occur on an off since purchasing our 2021 Tahoe Premier in October 2020. It happened the first week we bought it and has happened only a handful of times over the past year. Just happened today. I am about to reset the entire infotainment system, since we have also had Apple CarPlay Issues for months.