X or H pipe for dual exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxTaz

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I had my exhaust rebuilt when I put long tube headers on. I did a CAT and EGR delete. The muffler shop put two Maganflo mufflers in and ran separate tubes out each side. He forgot to add the wideband bungs so I have to go back.
Where should the wideband bungs go? And do I need two since there is no X or H? Or is it better to add an H pipe with a bung? I don't think there's room for an X with resonators and Magnaflo's. I'm adding resonators to quiet the thing down.
Thank you,
Taz

Noggles

Reaction score
I would (and did on an old truck) put the Wideband bung on the driver side pipe before the crossover. It is the bank of cylinders with the leanest cylinder (#7) so I put it there. For a crossover, I like the sound of an X pipe as its a bit higher pitched and raspy (with less of a chance of drone). The x also mildly makes more power but its mostly for the sound.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
within 18 inches of the headers collector would be perfect placement for the wb bungs. if you had cats, you'd want them to be pre cat, shop that did mine on my ss camaro put the bungs in the cats pretty much.

make sure that if they put them in sideways they are raised a bit so they are tilted upward a bit, this keeps condensation for collecting in the sensor and killing it.

OP
OP
TxTaz

TxTaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. We put the wideband on bank 1, drivers side right at the elbow coming off the header. The Aem 300 comes in tomorrow so I can get serious about tuning.
Thanks again,
Taz<- cruising in "style". Like Gallager - stiiilllle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN