Would you replace a Trans as preventative maint?

Replace, Rebuild dont worry

• Rebuild it with upgrades.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Replace it with a new one.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Don't worry Be Happy.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Just change the oil and filter.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
always use a Rental when going on trips

the 4L60e can last forever as long as the temp is at 155-165F spotted a 2LM70 with 300k miles on the original transmission

the 2LM70 is based on on the 4L60e I did have issues with shuttering but it was an electrical issue (insignificant voltage from the electrical system)

Upgrade the cooler to a HD3500 series with AUX fan

Transmissions are temperature sensitive higher the temp the shorter the life...

she works 100% shifts perfectly smooth with 106k.. like BRAND NEW . (Note it does not have a torque converter but a dampening system )
Brent, Charles was miles and miles from the nearest paved road and it would take months to equip a rental to be as capable as his truck.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I drove it a few times now and it's not getting hot... I ll be in the high country hunting elk for the next 8 days so I guess it will wait until I get back to civilization.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove it a few times now and it's not getting hot... I ll be in the high country hunting elk for the next 8 days so I guess it will wait until I get back to civilization.
Take some pics of those beautiful creatures for us please! I hope to someday take an Elk with my muzzleloader.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made it back today and the Tahoe is still doing fine. I was pretty impressed with the MPG avg for the whole trip was 16.8 and I drove it to 10,776 feet.
4.11 ratio means you got 9mpg is the speedometer correct?

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
4.11 ratio means you got 9mpg is the speedometer correct?
Of course the speedo is corrected and I do actually get 16 to 19 mpg... At least by figuring it the old fashioned way by miles to actual gallons of gas used...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons